“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 13 restaurants in Masham
Cuisines: English, Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Bruce Arms pub sits to the north side of the historic market square in Masham, North Yorkshire, offering real ales and a selection of spirits, lagers and wines along with homemade food.Our huge beer garden has a spectacular outlook over the River Ure and Lower Wensleydale, that’s why we call the Bruce Arms ‘the pub with a view’!We also have a children’s play area within the beer garden, while parts of it can be hired for free for outdoor events such as music concerts, theatre and dance shows.
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The food was OK but was nothing that you couldn't get anywhere and is fairly typical of the frozen food mentality of a lot of British Pubs. We expected more and we would suggest the Bay Horse or the White Bear as better examples of pub food.

Visited June 2012

59% Recommend
Durham
“Good food and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Your normal pub food selection but freshly cooked and tasty! Would definately eat there again!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
northumberland
“Don't wast your money go to Mcdonnles instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Booked a meal here through tastecard thinking it would be good to eat at . How wrong was I. The establishment ok but servis and food is horrendus. I orderd a gourmet burger thinking it would be something special, it wasn't it was raw in the middle, when I asked for it to be cooked, I heard the cook say to the waitress, oh I'm sick of complaints, then when the waitress said to her that was quick, the cook said i put it in the microwave but dont tell her....I replied don't worry I heard you. I have never had a worse meal I will not be returning

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ripon, United Kingdom
“My local curry house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I live in the village and often call in for a curry. I have always found the food good and the prices reasonable, with pleasant service. not had a bad meal yet!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancs
“Bruce arms/spice lounge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is such a friendlly locals pub where we are always made to feel welcome. Went there over Easter on two occasions, one side is an Indian restaurant where the most delicious food is served. We had a special for 9.99 which contained, poppadums pickles, starter, main meal, rice or nan and vegetable side dish. What a feast - the curries are cooked superbly, the peshwari nan is t o die for. The Thursday we called there for a meal, afterwards there were gam,es of bingo and play your cards right. We feel so much at home I think we are honorary villagers now.

• Visited April 2012