“Lovely area, nice accomodation, worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Market Place, Masham HG4 4EF, England   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Masham B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Durham
“Lovely area, nice accomodation, worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Kings Head Masham.We used vouchers I bought my partner for Christmas from Buyagift (brilliant idea even if I do say so myself!) I managed to get 2 nights for £99 minus an extra 20% discount which I have to say worked out very cheap. We were in the Tack Room at the back of the Hotel. Although this room seemed a bit dark and dismal as there was only a very small window, I was happy enough with it when I discovered the lovely big bath. We found the staff friendly, and breakfast was good. We ate at the restaurant one of our nights. I can recommend the chocolate fudge cake with clotted cream for a special treat. Our second night we went to the local fish and chip shop and sat outside in the square. Lovely. I would go back again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We arrved at noon so my wife could change before going racing in Ripon. The Manager who was on reeption when we arrived said we coudn't access our room till 3pm.
I asked if he would give me some type of room for 10 mins so my wife could change as the taxi was picking us up at 12.30. He refused and offered no solution. That was our welcome.
My wife had to change in the bar toilet.
While waiting the Manager was in a confrontation with another guest regarding food poisoning her husband was sufferering from sea bass the previous night.
Needless to say we didn't use the hitel for evening meal or breakfast.
I will not return. Sad because a great location with so much potential

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

A very relaxing visit. Room was clean, comfortable, bright and cheerful overlooking the market square. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building which was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We went with our Buyagift voucher for two nights. There was a very friendly welcome and we were given, the Smithy a room in the annexe at the back. We could park our car right next to it and the room was warm and welcoming and very quiet. We ate in the hotel each evening and the meals were very enjoyable and good value. They had a good reasonably priceed wine list
We visited Fountains Abbey, Ripon and Hawes fort
t he Wensleydale Creamery. Our only disappointment was that tours of the Black Sheep Brewery do not start until 11.30 so we missed out on that. I must commend the local councils for the flower dispays around Ripon. This will be known as our daffodil holiday. Also parking is mainly free of cheap and very plentiful.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Atmosphere and service brilliant. Room was warm, comfy and unique.

Room Tip: Maybe improve lighting.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I recently stayed here with my partner as we had a buyavoucher to use. I chose this hotel as we also had a sedgway scooter voucher to use up in harrogate and this was the nearest location.
I wasnt sure what to expect as i had never been to this area before. It was a great little village with plenty to do(including a visit to the black sheep brewery), but still nice and quiet to relax. It is about half an hour drive into Harrogate through the country lanes - a must if you are visiting Masham for a few days.
The hotel itself was lovely, it is part of a pub chain but set back from the hotel. It looked like all the rooms were in converted barns. We stayed in the granary room which was an upstairs room and it was clearly beautiful the setting of the room was very romantic and had wooden beams. The room was quite spacious and the bathroom looked quite modern. It had a bath and a seperate big shower. There was a few tiles on the bathroom floor that were a bit loose but it wasnt a massive deal. The only problem was the smell of the drains in the bathroom which got worse and worse during our 2night stay but not a big problem that we felt the need to complain.
The service we recieved from the staff at the hotel and pub was exceptional they were very helpful and always smiling no matter how busy they were. Our voucher included bed and breakfast and the breakfast is well worth having absolutely delicious. I would definately reccomend this hotel to friends as i do think the problem with the drains was a one off. Also great location for walkers.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

My girlfriend and i stayed here for two nights over the weekend and we had a lovely time. The staff are really friendly and attentative. I'm a little cheaky and always ask for a free upgrade if possible which they gave me as they were not fully booked,m to a superior suit. it was a lovely apartment (no kitchen) just bedroom on upper floor and bathroom down stairs - ooh, stand alone bath was devine. The rooms are out the back of the pub which has a marvellous atmosphere and serves great food. Masham itself is a lovely village and there is lots to do. Highly recommended place to stay. will definately be back

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kings Head Hotel Masham? Share your experiences!