“High quality B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandalina at Masham

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masham
Mandalina at Masham
You added Mandalina at Masham to your Saves list
29 Park Street, Masham HG4 4HN, England   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Masham B&B and Inns
Warwickshire, UK
“High quality B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friend and I stayed in the twin room for a weekend break in November. The owners were away for the weekend and we were looked after by (I think) their daughter and granddaughter, who were completely charming and helpful. Everything was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated, and the beds were very comfortable. Very good shower, and fresh milk in the room is always a welcome touch. The full cooked breakfast was excellent, filling and tasty, a great start to the day. Overall good value and recommended.

We ate at the brewery and the Bay Horse (see separate reviews) both of which were also very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked the 3 rooms for a 40th Week-end in Mashem.
Having the Blacksheep tour, plenty of beer and a nice meal in the Blacksheep Brewery we retired to the B&B. Such a friendly welcoming couple running a very clean and special B&B. You wil not be disappointed.
Next morning a relaxing breakfast served in the dinning room where nothing was too much trouble.
Having previously stayed in the White Bear (Also very good) with my wife but having stayed at the "Mandalina" it will be my preferred choice.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid not getting into this great B&B find.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
susiestinson, Owner at Mandalina at Masham, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review. Ian and I really enjoyed your company over the weekend, laughs were aplenty!!! All of you were a pleasure to serve at breakfast and I am glad that you so enjoyed it. I am flattered that you would choose Mandalina over The White Bear because I know that the Bear is excellent. You mentioned when you left that you may take us up on our three for two in the New Year, I do hope so it would be lovely to see you all again. Thanks again for your review and Have a wonderful Christmas and an even better New Year. Best Wishes from Sue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked all three rooms at the Mandalina last Saturday night for me, my sister and our parents. We were all hoping for a quiet night and a cosy stay, rather than sleeping above a pub... and the Mandalina exceeded our expectations!! I couldn't find a single fault with our whole stay! When we arrived, my Dad parked his car on the private driveway and we were shown to our beautiful rooms. Ours had a roll top bath, separate shower and was very well decorated. The whole b&b has such a homely feel, there's even a lovely guest lounge, just like being at home. Sue and Ian even left a lovely slice of fruit cake in each room. Beds are very comfy and we slept very well. Breakfast was fantastic and Sue couldn't do enough for us all. I would be more than happy to recommend a stay at Mandalina to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2012
susiestinson, Owner at Mandalina at Masham, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of our Guest Lounge, friends and families often find it very useful. I enjoyed your company very much and it was such a pleasure to serve you all breakfast. I love it when everyone orders the 'Full Monty!!' Thank you also for being willing to recommend us. I do hope Ian and I see you in the future. Best Regards to all the family Sue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed last night as I was attending a friends evening wedding reception at the brewery. I stayed alone and a room that two single beds, very tastefully decorated, along with a posh looking bathroom.

The Bed was very comfy.

Both the owners are very friendly attentive. The breakfast was excellent.

Very good room rate.

There was nothing I could find at fault with this place.

Would stay again if revisiting the area. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at the Mandalina in September 2012 for a weekend break in Masham. The standard of accommodation was excellent in all respects, as was the warm welcome from Sue & Ian, who really made us feel at home. The breakfast is a great start to a day and the facilities such as en-suite, rooms and living rooms were really first class. We would not hesitate to recommend the Mandalina.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
susiestinson, Owner at Mandalina at Masham, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Hi Phil, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. So pleased you found our Guest Lounge useful. Hope to see you again in the future. Regards Sue
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were made very welcome when we arrived, our room was excellent exceptionally clean and the decor was lovely, the shower was a very pleasant surprise as well! This is not what we have found in any of the B&B we have stayed in previously. We loved the garden and drinking wine from the lovely crystal glasses on the decking was a welcome relaxing time for us. We have passed on the praises to our friends and colleagues, we will be back for another stay, as we have come home refreshed and revitalised as though we have had a two week holiday, not just two nights! Only one complaint from us, we wish we could have stayed longer. Well done to both of you a lovely couple whose hard work shows in everything you do.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and tidy the only noise was from tractors and lorries but it was harvest time an...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
susiestinson, Owner at Mandalina at Masham, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Andy and Sue, Thank you so much for your truly amazing review. Ian and I really enjoyed your company and hope that we will see you again soon. Regards Sue
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at Mandalina for my dads 60th birthday celebration , it was booked as a surprise and it couldnt have been better. Sue and her husband Ian were so accomodating and flexible, they recommended a good place for dinner (Black sheep Bistro) and local pub in Masham, (the White Bear) which were both great. We booked all 3 rooms for myself, husband and 3 year old, my mum and dad and my auntie and partner. All the rooms were clean and nicely decorated and Sue put a z bed up for my 3 year old son which was brilliant. Breakfast was awesome! we are an eating family so this is high on the agenda !! Sue catered to all our fussy needs , it was perfect. She was also fantastic with my son as she has grandchildren of her own.
I would not hesitate to book again if we visit Masham in the future.

Dionne Cyprus, Manchester.

Room Tip: the King Room has a georgeous claw foot bath!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi Dionne, Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Ian and I so enjoyed your familys company but of course the star of the weekend was Drew !! Hope your dad continued to enjoy his birthday and look forward to seeing you again in the future. I have only just learned how to respond to these reviews (thats how computer literate I am!!) so apologies to all my other lovely guests who have taken the time to put down such wonderful words of praise. Regards Sue

Been to Mandalina at Masham? Share your experiences!