“Kulfi de Gulat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ashoka Indian Healthy Cuisine

Ashoka Indian Healthy Cuisine
Ruby Street, Umali Subdivision | Batong Malake Brngy, Los Banos, Luzon 4030, Philippines
+63 949 836 7595
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Los Banos
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Ashoka Indian Healthy Cuisine welcomes you to enjoy authentic Indian traditional foods. Indian foods are known for its unique preparation and great blend of natural spices. At Ashoka, you can taste authentic Indian flavor and aroma of natural spices. We don't use any artificial or chemical colors, flavors and additives. Our motto is to offer Indian healthy foods through ethical and humble manner at affordable price. We offer a simple and nice ambience. Apart from modern table and chair seating arrangement, we also have ancient north Indian traditional seating arrangement, where you can sit on the floor and have your meal on Chowki (small table).
Paranaque, Philippines
“Kulfi de Gulat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

While samosa remains to be my favorite, I cannot help but share my daughter's experience on the improved kulfi - Indian ice cream - at Ashoka.

This time, the texture is finer, the taste is creamier, and the flavor is better. I did not ask how Raj and Mona, the owners, did it. It is trade secret of course, but other than that, it is enough to simply enjoy the food, without bothering about how it was done. Let the cook do the cooking and the eater do the eating. :D

Kulfi, in its new, enhanced flavor will make your eyes bigger with big WOW! Nice dessert after a healthy, hearty meal. So, grab your kulfi now and be surprised!

• Visited July 2012

Malolos City
“Authentic indian food at pocket-friendly prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My colleagues and I were pleasantly surprised for so many reasons. There was a wide array of choices in their menu. If I felt bad at all it was because I could not try all that I wanted to try. The lassi is to die for. I don't normally drink with or shortly before a meal but I just could not stop myself. The mango lassi, a bestseller, is fantastic. But I just had to try the avocado lassi as well. What makes their lassi great is that it's not too thick and it's not too sour.

The biryani rice is great is something i look forward to ordering on my next visit. For Php 165, it was too big a serving. The samosa and other appetizers were as wonderful. We were all happy with what we had. I had to reassure Chef Raj that the reason I didn't finish my biryani rice was not because it didn't taste good but because I ordered too much.

Another pleasant surprise was the clean, quaint ambience. Really nice place to chill out even if there's no aircon. The exhibit about the volunteer experience of a return volunteer is another plus. It somehow brings one to Africa while waiting for one's Indian meal.

• Visited June 2013
Marilao, Philippines
“A MUST try affordable Indian food in Ashoka!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My favorite food in Ashoka is samosa with tamarind sauce. The filling is sooo goood!Imagine, I can finish six pieces in just one sitting. I like Lassi very much too. I can taste the pure yogurt and fresh fruits inside. It is really a WOW!! Apart from that, the owner humbly interact with the customers (which I really appreciate). The customers can share their comments and feedback to them to improve their service and food. It is also one way of sharing-learning from one another.

Now, they have a new menu. The range of food is really huge.People can try more authentic dishes at affordable and reasonable price.

Next time, I will try other dishes such as chhola bhatura, poori and nan.

• Visited May 2013
Paranaque, Philippines
“Review by Samosa Monster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everything in Ashoka tastes great but I like the samosa the most with its crispy crust and spicy potato cashew filling dipped in fantastic tamarind sauce. I can only say it is truly fantastic.

If sesame street has a cookie monster, I am then the samosa monster. I can eat five samosa in one sitting!

Chapati is another favorite especially if it is dipped in thick dal soup. But I cannot also resist the beckoning potato parata, with or without dip.

My son loves vegetable biryani and all kulfis - the homemade ice cream that comes in two flavors - mango and pistachio. It's to die for!

My daughter dies for gulab jamun, rasogulla, mango lassi and kesar pista kulfi - aka pistachio ice cream.

What more, it is a place to have a nice conversation. The owners are warm and accommodating. It is so fun to hang around after a good meal.

But....... don't take my word for it. Let your tongue judge!

• Visited April 2013