“An Overnight Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Los Banos B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“An Overnight Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room was actually more than what it looked like from what is shown in the internet. Our room was spacious and clean as it can be. Though there were a few mosquitoes, it wasn't really much of a big deal since the hotel staff were very kind to help in keeping those away. The bathroom was big, but the water in the shower didn't come out high-pressured.
Splash Mountain resort area isn't a high-class/luxury resort but it is enough for a wonderful weekend trip. The food they serve is delicious and very generous. I think one order can benefit two persons (if we have the same eating-capacity for that matter). The staff of the hotel are really nice and accomodating. The front desk is ready to answer phone calls for room service and other guest concerns. The security around the area was okay (didn't have a problem with that).
We weren't able to try the pools (but we were entitled to all the pools in the resort) because of the weather and lack of time.
Their Aqua Spa was fairly okay. The place seemed good enough for a spa ambience though it wasn't really that big. The massage therapists were also nice and the massage itself was worth it. Plus, they used Oryspa products which are proudly made in Calamba, Laguna.
Overall, Splash Suites is a mini-luxury trip in Los Banos.

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe Suites with Indoor Jacuzzi. The best accommodation in Splash Mountain resort.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pasig, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We, 3 adults, were there for my birthday and was offered a Standard Suite, the room was okay, clean but not even close to what's written on their website which "All hotel rooms are fully airconditioned with cable TV, MINIBAR, INTERCOM, private toilet and bath" NO! The room that was given to us doesn't have MINIBAR & INTERCON, so it's not right to say ALL ROOMS but MOST ROOMS, would do. No hot and cold shower. When we were about to go swimming, we were told that most pool and slides are closed during OFF PEAK season. They should've mentioned something upon reservation right? So much for my birthday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked online for our stay here. The staff was courteous and attended to me, making proper communication between me and the other agency. Even the agency staff was courteous. They both agreed to upgrade one of the rooms, I just had to pay the additional in cash when we arrive.

The waiters in the Splash Suites cafe were both nice.

When I was checking in, I was surprised that the keycards have to be paid as a deposit, which, of course, were refundable. But the amount was too much, 200 per key card.

Check-out was difficult, since there were many of us, and they were attending to everyone at the same time, not one by one. I was able to finish last, when I was ahead of 3 other guests.

They do not give discount for senior citizens for rooms when booking online.

There was no complimentary water. The bottled water in the mini bar costs five times more.

There was no shampoo nor dental kits or cotton buds.

When I turned the shower faucet to cold, the water was still warm.

Extra towels would be charged to you, even if you will not bring them home. The towels were not of that good material too.

A cabinet was provided but there is no way of opening the drawers. Only the sliding doors can be opened.

The rooms have mosquitoes so I told the housekeeper, and she sprayed insecticide. I did not tell her there were cobwebs in the bathroom.

The A/C in my parents' room was warm, even if the thermostat was already 16. it felt like 26 degree Celsius.

Their TV had poor reception in some channels.

The pipe under one of the sinks in the bathroom was leaking. It's good that I reported it only while checking out, because another guest complained in their room, it took them more than an hour of repair. I also did not find it funny that the receptionist asked the one in charge why it was not reported before, and I heard on the other line that it was reported, but no repair was done.

The TV in my sister's room was poorly positioned, she would get a stiff neck from watching at the side.

Nobody answers the phone on the lobby of the suites.

The pool with water slides for kids in Oasis was empty!

The basketball court, lawn tennis court, and table tennis tables were for rent. Cottages, tables and gazebos were also for rent, They provide chairs.

Yes, we can bring food and drinks in the resort. Food in their restaurant is quite good. Although their powdered juice is too sweet, and if you chose the fresh fruit, it's only one piece of banana.

The pools were emptied regularly, the area was cleaned too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pasay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I bought a voucher through a group buying site for P2500 for a deluxe room with indoor pool. The room was way too overpriced! No shampoo, no dental kit, the shower did not work, the cable tv signal is erratic. The room actually resembles a beat-up, worn down motel room. Wifi was dead in all areas. Not worth the price at all. We did not even bother taking the breakfast that was part of the package. I know the Los Banos area is really not a place to look for five-star places, but the price of this hotel is not really worth it. What a waste of money! Stay somewhere cheaper instead, you will get the same or even better type of room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The service people can be nice but that just doesn't cut it with this hotel. Consider this: I called the operator and asked him to connect me to my friend's room, a floor below. He said sorry, you cannot do that. If you want to talk to your friend, you need to WALK to his room, KNOCK on the door!

And the place is called "suites."

Don't bother asking for a wake up call...the lobby is blasted with loud radio music at 5AM...

Room Tip: If you cannot avoid this place, I would get the suites on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
pasay, philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I agree with most of the reviews here and I wrote this review just to give a hint on how to love the jacuzzi. Fill the jacuzzi with water and use it after an hour or so, in this case the water would not be too hot and will be enjoyable. Don't take a dip right after filling it up as it is really too hot. The rooms are fairly maintained although there are already signs of termite attack as a portion of the ceiling was damaged.

The staffs are helpful and the restaurant has a good price for a good menu. The adjacent pools, which are open to the public, have mixed hot and cool water. Choose the one you prefer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have been to splash mountain hotel twice and the rooms were so-so. However, my sister came home from the US and we decided to go and try splash suites. We booked a family room for 5 and we had 5 single beds set up. The room was ok and clean but the TV was old and did not get good reception. The room smelled nice though and we did not have any problems with ants or molds and stuff. The biggest problem we encountered was the hot water. After swimming for a few hours, my other sister and I went up to our room as our companions went to buy the famous Mer-Nel's chocolate cake. There was no water when I turned on the faucet and I called the front desk about the issue. They said to just give it 15 minutes because they were filling up the tank. I was actually shocked. Tank? They were just filling up the tank now? After 15 minutes, still nothing. We called the front desk 3 times more and they said that someone would come up and check on the shower. Nobody went to our room. No one even passed by our room. 30 minutes more and I had enough. I called the reception in a huff and said that we were not asking for anything special. We just wanted to have water service in our room. Even the simplest of households can't live without water! After 5 minutes, alas! There was water!

The good side to it was that they let us use the grill for free. The check-in and check-out was quick and there was free breakfast (though it was mediocre). The pools were also good and not a lot of people frequent the resort.

Room Tip: Nobody is there to get your bags for you so if you're traveling with kids or senior citizens, ch...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Splash Suites? Share your experiences!