“Great Food, Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We had a meal here at midday on one and it was the best spot we ate at along the Normandy coast. The staff were great and the food was superb. We had our three young kids with us and we were all delighted, our kids were asking every day when were we going back again. It is also a hotel but I can't comment on this as we didn't stay but it looked lovely .
Devon
“Great Food, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

Can recommend this restaurant without any reservation

The food was superb, the service about the best during out stay in France
it has a comprehensive menu, I gather the fish is excellent but I went for the beef and that was really good and GREAT value

This restaurant resurrected all the memories of the long ago visits when French Restaurants were all like this - good food and great friendly service

Sadly times have changed but Les Alizes was superb

• Visited March 2015

France
“Outstanding food at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Based upon some previous good reviews we decided to eat here for lunch on a recent visit to Courseulles sur Mer and were not disappointed. This small restaurant and hotel is full of charm with a helpful and polite staff who did everything to make us welcome. As it was a sunny day the terrace was full, but we were shown to a table close to open french doors that looked out onto the terrace and the harbour and had the best of both worlds! The food was all fresh and cooked to perfection. With a weekday menu "sur l'ardoise" of a main course and desert for 12€ this restaurant will take some beating! Plus the house red wine was extremely pleasant and priced at just 10€ for a half litre. I can recommend it as a great place for lunch!

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kitchener
“Delicious lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

On the tour I had followed some of the gang. I didn't have too much time to decide since it was a time limit of 90 minutes for lunch. Never long enough.
The afternoon was gorgeous, bright blue sunny sky so we all sat outside.
I ordered the chicken & salad special. It was delicious. The chicken was a nice size piece and very juicy. The salad was very tasty with probably their own salad dressing. I hadn't had salad in a few days and enjoyed every morsel. I should have asked for my crème boule to go since we ran out of time. As I said it was nice and sunny, and not long after finishing my meal, the rains came and our waitress was busy covering the outdoor patio. Then we had to pay our bill and poor girl was frazzled as everyone's order was on one cheque. I thought we asked for separate cheques but unfortunately in Europe it doesn’t really go that way as it happened more often but oh well.
Everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was good.
After we left the restaurant, the same came out.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, California
“Very good selection of seafood in Normandy beach town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This restaurant is located in a hotel in the port area of Courseulles sur Mer in Normandy. It appears to be popular with both locals and tourists. The seafood buffet available on Friday and Saturday night is wonderful with lots of local fresh items such as sea snails, crab shrimp, clams, oysters, salmon and soupe de poisson. The price includes the entree, buffet, cheeses and a dessert which was priced fairly. The menu also has many other food options as well as seafood selections. Both my husband enjoyed it very much and will probably eat there again before we leave Normandy.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Watford, United Kingdom
“Went first time and just returned and returned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I first went to this restaurant back in 2010. We had our last meal of a 4 day trip in there and wished we had found it sooner.
Myself and my father returned to Normandy in September and decided that this would be the first place we would go for dinner and drinks.
I can honestly say that the welcome we had from the owner, Christine?, was the warmest I have ever had when travelling in France.
The atmosphere is lovely, whether sitting out the front with a beer or coffee, or in the main restaurant eating one of the many meals.
The seafood, as you would expect, was as fresh as it comes. The majority being purchased from the fishermen that land their catch on the same quayside that the restaurant is situated.
On one occasion I had one of the set meals. The value was exceptional! The starter alone would have cost in £ in the UK what the entire meal cost in €! The steak I had was very typical "Fillet de Boeuf". It was cooked exactly as I ordered and the Frites were some of the best I have had.
Don't get me started on the seafood Buffet............ all I say is it is a must if you are into seafood, and a must if you are in town on a Friday or Saturday night, but remember to book!
As you can tell, we loved this little place. We didn't eat dinner in another place for entire 5 days. The food was great, the service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable (comparing what it would cost for the same quality in the UK)
Christine, You have a lovely place. I look forward to coming back for dinner many times in June (one of them being my 30th birthday!). I look forward to having more of the very nice local cidre you serve.

• Visited September 2013