“three goods” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Inn & Lodge

Victoria Inn & Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roche
Victoria Inn & Lodge
You added Victoria Inn & Lodge to your Saves list
Victoria Road | Roche, Roche PL26 8LQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Roche
London, United Kingdom
“three goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

good beer, good food and good landlord

this friendly pub is well managed my the friendly landlord and the food is varied and of good quality.

well kept beer and great breakfasts

convenient acceptable travelodge adjacent directly linked to pub

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

we stay regularily stay at the victoria, in fact every 5 weeks on business, the pub is always busy and very friendly, beer alway kept well, tribute is excellant.
Food always served by friendly staff and very good and great value for money. there are always a good selection of locally sourced specials on the board.landlord alway has a quiz night on tuesdays, worth entering if you are around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a few drinks in the evening. Served immediately. Good polite bar man. Clean cosy little pub. Ideal for stop off for quick pint. Would imagine the food is nice. Definitely check it out :-)

• Stayed April 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I came here while staying for one night at the Travelodge next door. Although it is separately owned, I was told,Travelodge residents have additional access using the door card without the need to have to go outside. I would imagine, since this place seems to be in the middle of nowhere that the bulk of customers come from Travelodge.

I thought it offered good value food, the alternative it appears to be the need make a drive of some 8 miles to Bodmin. I was served by two very friendly barmaids and it had the bonus of free wi-fi, something that costs £5 an hour in Travelodge. After finishing my dinner I moved to a more comfortable chair using my tablet, as opposed to going back to my room and watching tv.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Second visit to this pub and excellent service from staff along with good value on food and good quality beer. Nothing to much trouble for the staff well worth a visit good choice on the cavery too and meats cooked well

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the second time my girlfriend and I have stopped here on the way through to holiday destinations in Cornwall and I believe we will continue doing so.
The A30 through Bodmin Moors is a very bleak place to drive and this Inn is the first major place to stop (that does not require a major detour.) It is not signposted from the A30 so you will need to follow signs for the Roche services.
The Inn is very quint and old fashioned and dates back to 1642 when it became a coaching stop and Inn.
I have had mussels both times on the way down and they did not disappoint, being nice and fresh in a moule marineire sauce. The ale was St Austell brewery but only two on offer, HSD and Tribute, which are very average ales and although well kept are very much the same. The pick of the bunch (but expensive) is the Korev lager from St Austell brewery which is well kept and very refreshing.
Toilets are clean and well kept.
We will definately stop here again on the way down, however I think that the prices are a little much (and I am used to London prices!) If these were lowered and more ales on tap the rating would be higher.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been here twice now. We use it as a place to fuel up before arriving at our holiday destination. Due to the pleasant experience that we have had on each occassion, I feel that this may become a tradition to our holiday!

We are both a fan of old fashioned/ traditional looking pubs, which the Victoria Inn is. Both times we have been offered a friendly greeting by the staff. There is good range of local real ales. The food is also very tasty, with a varied menu. The only criticism I would give is that it is a little expensive. On our last visit we had two of the small plates/ starters and two pints, and the bill was about £20. However, I am fairly sure that we will both be stopping off at our next visit to Cornwall!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Victoria Inn & Lodge? Share your experiences!