“Above my humble expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cocle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Penonome
Hotel Cocle
You added Hotel Cocle to your Saves list
Via Interamericana,Iguana Mall, Penonome 00000, Panama   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Penonome
Panama City, Panama
“Above my humble expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I ended here with my kids while looking for a place to stay over the weekend for a dad - son’s quality time and the hotel made it so easy.

The welcome night wasn't that pleasant, after all I looked tired and I wasn't in my best attire and the guy in the front desk, pretty much asked if I could afford the room (not nice) – NOTE: Next day staff ladies were totally kind and very helpful and they always kept a smile on their faces -, however once that was cleared and I walked to my room I decided to let go. The room was clean, the AC was perfect, the shower was great, the beds were fantastic, the cable plan (because of the kids) was just ok, free Wi-Fi internet the good bandwidth, enough to make Skype calls, while working on a virtual room (yes, I had to do some working).

This hotel has two pools one for kids and one for adults, very nice looking and the area was very clean, my two boys just enjoyed those pools for the whole three days we were there.
Breakfast its included and it is nice, they did not repeat the same meal twice which is great especially for kids.

So if you are around Cocle in Panama, and you need a place to stay, make sure you come and visit this one.

Room Tip: request for a pool side room, those are the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Nice hotel. Place to relax when you travel in the middle from Panama. Is a perfect choice to rest if you are traveling to chiriqui. Clean facilities, nice pool. The restaurant has a good quality price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

BY FAR the best option in Penonome, Hotel Cocle is better than most hotels in Panama City. It's a true oasis of great service (which can be hard to find in Panama) and a truly inviting environment. The pool area is lovely, calm, quiet. It feels miles away from the nearby Interamericana Highway. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and nicely decorated. The restaurant is delicious...I just can't say enough good things about this place. Find a reason to stay here!!

Room Tip: The restaurant has an echo so it is noisy. Sit on the deck for a relaxing meal.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Driving all day today, enroute to David. This is a special find. Clean, great service and sweet stylized theme of decor.

I'm delighted this is here, as I may have driven right by. Not much around here, so enjoy the free wifi, pool and free breakfast.

Room Tip: The nondescript nature of the sign should be ignored. Great fit for fussy traveler to easy to please...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
David, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in hotels in Penonome over the past 4 years when traveling between Panama and David. Hotel Cocle is new and we have found it to be the best option currently available...

Pros:
1. new hotel in excellent condition
Highlights: Comfortable beds, Great AC & Hot water!
2. very nice staff
I arrived very late without a reservation. We were greeted by Oscar at about midnight. Despite the hour he was energetic and made sure we had everything needed. The rest of the staff was equally friendly and attentive to our needs.
3. Reasonably priced - standard room rates range between 66+tax to 75+tax depending on the location, for example if located next to the pool. Rates include breakfast.
4. Fast response to concerns. We had a issue with water pressure and hot water. We notified the front desk and in minutes maintenance came and took care of it. Here in Panama, it is common for sediments to clog up pluming. Every now and then you have to clear the faucets and shower heads to allows good flow. When the flow improves, the hot water equipment can then ignite. For those of us that live here, it is not a surprise. What we appreciated was how fast the staff responded and resolve the issue.
5. Excellent WIFI internet throughout the facility. We have an online business, so this is critical for us. We stayed in several rooms and never had problems with the connection. The lobby and restaurant are also well covered.
6. Great Location... you can walk to nearby shops... including supermarket with just about anything you'd need.

Minor Cons: no place is perfect, so here are a few things we found
1. Noise.... hallway walls and floors are all concrete, so noise / echo resonates like mad. That is the standard construction in Panama,so we don't blame the hotel.. Just a heads up that you may be woken up earlier than you'd like by other guests leaving.. or sometimes cleaning staff
2. Breakfast food choice - the include breakfast is "local" It is common to get 1. common Panamanian breakfast meat in sauce with onions, 2. panamanian tortillas, and 3. scrambled eggs... There is also a variety of bread, cheese, cereals and juices. We put it under con because of the lack of variety day to day...We personally decided to order a la carte and get some pancakes and expresso coffee for a few dollars more.

Summary:
Best Option in Penonome
1. New Comfortable Hotel - beds, ac, hot water all great.
2. Great Staff
3. Great Location

Stayed January 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Just Two nights , but I have to said Hotel Cocle is a great places to stay in Penonome at Panama.The respect and friendliness of the staff make me fell comfortable. Clean room and excellent food make me want to come back soon . Also the manager personally helped me with my bags which were delayed by the air line.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chiriqui Grande, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hello everybody,

I want to share with you all my wonderful experience in a hotel that is in the interamericana way, next to the mcdonalds. I was looking where to spend the night when i looked at a billboard with photos, the hotel was clean and organized, the employees always nice and smiling.
When we entered to the restaurant a young woman opened the door for us and made us feel welcome, i asked the waiter who that was, he told us that that was the manager wich is a rare thing beacuse they dont really get involved.
The important thing that they are an exellent team and i saw one of the owners. I recomend this hotel a 100 percent!

Room Tip: Room 301 great view, is infront of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Cocle? Share your experiences!