“not as good as we hoped” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 53 Restaurants in Arco
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Incline Village, Nevada
“not as good as we hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food was good but not Impressed after the high recommendation. Its a big place that hotels highly recommend. The service was a bit snobby, the atmosphere not as quaint as other local restaurants. The wine recommendation was not good and there was attitude from the server. The price was high. Thou the menu very interesting and it may be a place most people to prefer... So take a look.......

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Local food- not pretentious- good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

despite out ward appearances this is not formal or stufft. the menu aoffers dishes rarely found in the UK like horse meat and hare. We were seated and attended to quickly-the hoiuse red (Merlot) was good. I had Salt cured meat "Carne Salada" and selected vegetables in oil-followed by Saltimbocca,my missis had a huge portion of Mussels "pipata" (a spicy peppered soup with tomato and mussels) followed by "Tagliatelle" pasta served with a hare sauce . The food was delicious ifa little rich and the portions far too big for delicate over 60's! But we liked it and next time would just eat one course each. it is good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Poor service, food ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I could put up with every waiter assuming I was German, but when they repeated came back and spoke to me in German again it was a bit annoying. I would have much prefered to have been spoken to in Italian (as I would have understood!).

The service was far too quick, I'd have thought we were on a reserved table they wanted to vacate, but there were lots of empty tables. The waiters were bored, grumpy and disinterested, a smile would have been nice.

The food was ok, but not cheap, given the poor service I wouldn't recommend going (and wouldn't go back myself).

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moscow
“Once the best restaurant in the area, now is getting much, much worse...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Just a few years ago Alla Lega was a place worth a special visit, one hour drive. Now it was degraded in my list down to "avoid" status. About a year ago I visited it and was offended by a poor service together with a so-so food. I was disappointed and forgot the place. But by a matter of fortune I was invited there again. Here is the update:
1. They have lost our reservation. There was no name in their list. Okay, things happen - so what you think a good restaurant should do? No matter what you may think, they just simply refused us to seat. I was offended and ask to call the one who made the reservation (there is no need to say somebody needs to speak Italian for doing a reservation, so they asked a friend to call Allla Lega. So we were calling this person to get the details). I still believe it would be a much better resolution for a restaurant to give us a table, no matter whether they had our reservation or not. But they refused. After all the talks and clarifications they provided a table - I repeat, as long as you have such a table, why to cause an inconvenience?! Just give it away and avoid a trouble and a shame!

So, they admitted they have lost the reservation and gave us a table. They even excused in a verbal form. Did they give us a compliment or expressed their good will and hospitality in any other way? No. They were happy with a queue of customers waiting and did not feel it was a problem.

This was the end of the beginning. We got the table. As a reminder - I was totally upset by their service and food a year ago, now there was their chance to prove it was just a bd luck.

2. We sat and placed an order. I was quite surprised with the way they brought it: no drinks. Main course before the appetizers. After a reminder (by this time we have finished the appetizers) they finally brought the drinks with a sort of "sorryaboutthat" excuses. The service was awful, exactly as a year ago.

3. Food. The major point. Was the food that great to forgive them the "service" and the lack of a basic hospitality? NO. THE FOOD WAS JUST SO-SO. Nothing special, touristic style. The pasta (strangolapretti al burro), grilled vegetables were so-so, the octopus salad was good. But not good enough to forgive them the service.

Arco is a nice place with a wonderful castle. For dining - look elsewhere, drive to other place.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Quito, Ecuador
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The food was really good, so was the service. The restaurant looks like a romantic cavern. I would recomend.

Visited November 2011