This is countryside retreat, it is not Florence: the hotel is 21 km away from Florence ring road, almost half way to Siena. We used rental car; a free bus to Florence is, apparently, also avaiable. The good side: beautiful scenery, quiet, excellent setting for walking in the Tuscan countryside. Chianti region is nearby, with all its attractions. Two Michelin restaurants within reach, good own restaurant. Very helful staff, friendly service.
Rooms quite basic given how expensive the place is. No wifi, and a EUR20/day charge for internet surprising. Palestra building is more like a country house, be prepared to swat an occasional centipede.
Spa area is nice, but limited capacity. Again, facilities are fairly basic for the price.
In summary, very pleasant, but expensive. By Florence standards value for money is average, but would probably disappoint most international travellers. Still, a very good choice for a short trip to the Tuscan countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa, the perfect place for an Authentic Tuscan Experience where the best of local Food and Wine, high end Spa treatments and panoramic splendour awaits you in the middle of the Chianti Wine Region and its gorgeous vine yards and olive groves.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Castello del Nero Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany