“3 visits in a year....for people who don't get out much!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brit in Tuscany
“3 visits in a year....for people who don't get out much!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Living just 20 minutes away we are spoiled for choice with excellent eateries. Although we don't get out that often we have eaten in most of the local restaurants and there are few that we return too on a regular basis but this has become one. It is a very cool restaurant/ wine bar that is a refreshing change from terracotta and beams. It definitely has a youngish feel to the place and is stunning and in a fantastic location. But it is not pure aesthetics, the food is outstanding. They offer a great and unusual menu with lots of fresh seafood as well as the Tuscan meats that you would expect. The menu is varied and seems to change fairly regularly and I have yet to have an average dish. Even the puddings (where I am particularly fussy) are amazing. If you are looking for something a little different, reasonably priced and perfect service then try this.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Finally - great fish in the heart of the Chianti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I believe this place is fairly new and is a sister restaurant to Cantinetta di Rignana. The real pull of this place is excellent fish - crab, shrimp, tuna, various other fish. Excellent pasta dishes also. And still a meat / other menu which included one of the best spgahetti al pesto's I've ever had.
There's also a bar and outdoor lounge place for drinks. Beautiful setting for post dinner drinks.
I think they also do some outdoor screening of films from time to time.
You have to see it to believe it.
Located in Badia di Passignano - a beautiful little collection of houses and restaurants on a hilltop in the heart of Tuscany.
Thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Now my favourite restaurant globally!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We actually came across this restaurant by accident, looking for another one that we had booked but couldn't find. We might be accused of being habitual creatures but we returned there THREE times in the space of a week. Badia is an incredible little village, with no less than four excellent restaurants in the vicinity....a food heaven... three of which are owned by the same family (as one waiter said, Badia has 4 restaurants and 3 houses!!!). This one is the newest of the three (owned by the same family) and, I have no doubt, the best (having visited all). The view, overlooking a vineyard, is magnificent, but getting down to the important bit, the truffle ravioli was really other-worldly....the Balsamic Steak was by far the best I had on my visit to Tuscany....the ravioli with ricotta was... well, I could go on. I must have travelled to 30, 40 or 50 countries, and I always try to search out the best restaurants. THIS restaurant has gone straight in at number one. One evening, it was utterly fascinating to watch extra-large bowls of incredible pasta being carried to one large group of guests. Note by the way Cantinetta serves food of a traditional home cooking style, rather than refined (which is great...that's what I like!!!). It is also run by people who are obsessed by and derive great joy from food.. I feel lucky to have eaten here!!!

• Visited June 2011