“It was fabulous.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moor & Mehr - BIO Kur-Hotel Bad Kohlgrub

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bad Kohlgrub
Moor & Mehr - BIO Kur-Hotel Bad Kohlgrub
Spengelstrasse 6, 82433 Bad Kohlgrub, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Bad Kohlgrub
“It was fabulous.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We spent only two nights. It was very good. The organic spa hotel is located on a fabulous hill with a panorama view of the little village of Bad Kohlgrub. They had an excellent organic breakfast offer which was included in the room booking. Unfortunately, there was no dinner available on weekends.
It would also be great if the hotel accepts creditcard payment. We were all in all very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2013

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Geneva
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I read acout this hotel on TA and was so excited about spending time here relaxing with my family. I could already imagine myself in that beautiful landscape in those lovely wooden chalets unhooking from the world. I sent them a form requesting a reservation but didn't hear back. When I called to inquire, a rather curt receptionist informed me that "we don't accept children here". I was extremely disappointed. So just in case be warned, you won't be welcome here if you have a family.

Room Tip: Can't go there if you are with your children.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
oregon/washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Back again - smoother the 2nd time around, since I understand the routine. I had a little bigger room, this time. Great! It's a quirky place, but great value. For details, please read my previous review. Love that moor!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Grantham England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was our first trip to this part of Germany, we usually go just over the border into Austria. What a fantastic area to explore, mountains galore and superb scenery.
The hotel we stayed at was located down a no through road, which made it really quiet and with a footpath straight down into the village of Bad Kohlgrub.
The hotel was very charming and we were well looked after, the food was excellent. You order your evening meal at breakfast, only available Monday to Friday.
We marked it down one on location because we feel you need a car to explore the countryside, but saying that, a train station is located in the village.
You must go up the local mountain on the chairlift, the views are to die for and on a clear day you can see Munich.
In conclusion then...this is a great hotel and we shall be returning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
oregon/washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I came for the moor & it's the real deal. Thick, strong, warm, well presented. I stayed for 5 days in their smallest single room, which was fine: clean, bucolic view, lovely balcony, nice basket of supplies - herbal pillow sachet, salt candle, novel, etc. - as well as a sauna tote with a big towel and robe included. The breakfast was very good - lots of herbs & seeds to add to your yogurt and cereal, good cheese, fresh fruit, and the rolls were simply wonderful: bio, fresh, hearty. The complimentary daily soup for lunch is usually some broth with noodles or vegetables, and is perfect to rehydrate you after your treatments. Plenty of delicious tea choices, too. You may choose to sign up for dinner - very reasonable and good, simple food, 2 main choices offered, usually a meat or a vegetarian selection. Alternatively, a short walk down into town lands you amid some bakeries, little markets, a pizza place, and some other options. There is a new foot bath in the kurpark with a rough-hewn marble drinking fountain that's a charming and welcoming place to rest. It's the walk back up the hill that will test your fitness.
Treatments are professional and reasonable. I especially liked the samt & seid peeling and the alpine energy ritual. The rasul was also something I'd recommend, and of course, the moor baths. Moor is available either as a packing or as a full tub. (I had to argue with the high-strung ladies at the desk to schedule the tub for me - which was silly - but it was just what I wanted.) Moor is only offered Mon/Wed/Fri, and you need to pre-schedule your sessions, so plan accordingly. The joyful, lovely lady assisting the partakers was a delight. She heaped praise on you as you got in and nestled down, as well as when it was time to extract yourself, as if you had performed some great feat. What fun!
In short, it is a solid, reasonably priced place, with a down-home atmosphere, offering a range of well-done treatments, complimentary train station transfer, and hearty food. You would do well to brush-up on your language skills if you wish to come here, but it's worth it. I certaily plan to come again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Bad Kohlgrub is a sweet little town about 15 minutes from the excitement of Oberammergau. While the hotel is set up as a bio/health retreat and has a seven night stay minimum, it is possible to use their facilities for a day visit. We did not have time to stay at hotel, but it was really charming and has a "green" lifestyle theme.

The staff is very accommodating and all of the spa staff speak enough English to communicate.ad help you through the process. The highlight is a treatment called a "moor bath"--15 minutes in some glop that looks like super dark chocolate pudding, more black than brown. You essentially are immersing your self in a hot mixture of peat moss and water. I cannot describe the feeling, but it made me think of two things: 1) This must be what it was like for a dinosaur to be trapped in quicksand ad 2) I feel like a piece of fruit in a Jello mold.

Seriously though, It was extremely relaxing and made our skin feel great. My sister's ankle had been hurting and it felt better immediately, my rash cleared up the next day.

The 50 Euro treatment includes 15 minutes of Moor immersion (too short), A shower, 30 minutes of wrap in warm blankets, and a 15 minute massage. I believe guests at the hotel get this treatment every other day. I know I wish I could too!.

Gratuities for the treatment are included in the price. You are give a robe to change into, but baths, wraps and massages are done privately but naked. Attendants are coed ad clothed, and will be with you while you are naked

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Moor & Mehr - BIO Kur-Hotel Bad Kohlgrub? Share your experiences!