We spent three nights at Spartivento in late September. It was magical. A truly luxury boutique hotel - more like a private residence -- set in a 19th century lighthouse, in a nature preserve, high on a cliff overlooking a turquoise sea. Intimate, romantic, evocative. It could have been a movie set. And the service was equal to the physical structure and the amazing setting. Fillipo, the general manager, Giovani the chef, and Leonardo their colleague who served us most of our meals, all had a remarkable ability to be attentive and engaging without being obsequious. The meals prepared by Giovani were superlative. All of this exactly as it should be at a high end property. Indeed, Spartivento is really more a high end villa rental with staff than a boutique hotel. The word "unique" is all to often overused, but it this instance it truly fits. We have traveled all over the world and stayed at many of the world's "top" hotels -- Spartivento is number one. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capo Spartivento Lighthouse was built in 1856 by the Italian Navy. During the last war it was machine-gunned by American planes and, later on, it functioned as the lighthouse keepers residence until the late 80s. It has lit the way for seamen for over 150 years, slicing the darkness like a sword with its welcoming beam of light, is now fully restored and works as a luxury guesthouse without losing its original function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Splendia so you can book your Faro Capo Spartivento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Faro Capo Spartivento Hotel Domus De Maria
- Faro Capo Spartivento Sardinia/Domus De Maria