“Ambience is beautiful, service and price...a TOURIST TRAP. Emblematic Short Sighted Behaviour!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crar'e Luna

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We visit this area since we were children. It is beautiful, friendly and generally good value for money. Then you get some exceptions.

The drive into the moonlight lit driveway is very romantic. The restaurant ambience, is open, roomy and the fish is on display for selection. The recipe for a good meal for a couple on a romantic evening.

We arrived late on a July weekday (21:45) without booking. We spoke English and Northern Italian (yes it makes a difference in some cases). The waitress was friendly and invited us to chose our fish from the glass window display. All very fancy, I selected a fish to grill and my date selected "local" king prawn.

We ordered a starter and main and a bottle of wine, the menu had a decent selection of fish. Starter OK.
After quite some time our main arrived. Mine was dry in the middle and getting cold my date received 4 king prawns with 1 leaf of lettuce on a plate. Very disappointing.
I was even more disappointed when I saw that the fish I had selected originally was still lying in the glass display.

23:00 service started to speed up, I guess there were 2 tables left and the restaurant owners wanted us out. The kind waiter almost embarrassed came to ask us about 4 times if we wanted anything else and then asked us whether they could offer a digestive. We agreed and then decided to let them have their way and ask for the bill.
This is where more bad surprises arrived. About 55-60€ each.

Bill included 2 digestives (mirto & limoncello) that were supposedly offered. It Included 2 lemon sorbets that we did not order. Most surprisingly the 4 King prawns were charged 24€ (i.e. 6€ each). One by one I confronted the person at the till, I suppose she was the owner or the owners wife, all the mistakes were scrapped without saying a word or apologizing. Then I contested the 24€ king prawn and I was told that these are the prices in the area and that we should just accept it. We paid 45€ each.

We mentioned that yes we were tourists but had frequented the area for 30 years and that was not local prices, also mentioning that most of our friends were local… the woman’s face changed and asked us what else she could offer, but alas too little too late. I told her in her face, as far as I am concerned a tourist trap and very short sighted behavior “get the money while it is there” syndrome, rather than “please my customer so he will come back with friends”. This behavior is text book what Italy and Sardegna should NOT do to tourists.

• Visited July 2011