“Comfortable rooms, not in a happening place though” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Della Rotonda
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Novara 53, 21047 Saronno, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saronno
Muscat, Oman
“Comfortable rooms, not in a happening place though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Comfortable rooms, very friendly and helpful reception staff. Interesting collection of cookie cutters through the centuries in the restaurant area on the ground floor. The same wifi user-id cannot be shared on your laptop and password- you need a separate one for each device, so ask for two at the reception. There is well stocked supermarket right across the hotel, which is a good inconvenience. It also has a surprisingly well stocked wine section. There are also some eating options in a food-court style building a little further from the hotel. Overall not bad at all for a short stay, but don't expect to have a lot of exploring options to do on foot as it is a little away from the heart of the town.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Den Haag, Holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We found it a pleasant hotel for a stopover. For travelers by car it is conveniently situated near the autostrada. The staff was friendly and helpful, maybe not over-efficient, and the room was good enough. Breakfast was average

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned today from a Company conference which was held locally, we booked our customers into the hotel which we regularly used. Unfortunately on this occasion the hotel embarrassed myself as the host with their inefficiency and couldn't care less attitude. When we entered the hotel bar there were no bar staff to be found, we waited and then when fed up of waiting I enquired at the reception desk for some service. The response was "it's not my job go find the restaurant manager". As a host I was embarrassed, my clients disgusted. I will no longer be recommending or using this hotel again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Saronno hotels

Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

Second time in this hotel, chosen because it is conveniently close for my business purpose. I had a single room, which was really small. Actually, the bathroom was as big as the rest of the room... I switched to a double room at 10€ extra cost. Restaurant is average, and overpriced comparing to nearby restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We chose this hotel for a one-night stopover before flying home from Malpensa. It is very close to the Autostrada, yet totally quiet and calm. The air conditioning in our room was quiet and effective; it became slightly cold, remember to put on the carpet before going to sleep! The underground hotel garage kept the car safe and chilly. Improvements could definitely be made to the brekfast buffet; there was only some dry white bread; when asked for other bread, they supplied with some even whiter pre-cooked toast. Message to staff: Non-Italians would like some real bread for breakfast, why not supply with some "integrale" ! The hotel provides free internet, but it is slow.
I think we were the only tourists in Saronno that day. A sleepy small town - but do not leave the place without having seen the interiors of the Santuario di Saronno, less than 10 min walking distance from the hotel. We managed to attend a mass there as it was Sunday. Probably the most beautifully decorated church I have seen ever!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We went to the Hotel Della Rotonda because I found that the accommodations in the place where I had made my reservation were not acceptable to me.
We stayed in Saronno at this hotel from May 30 to June 2, 2011

I am very happy to have found this hotel; it still has the old charming elegance yet the modern touch. The hand towels are still made of old linen, soft & gentle to be used, they do show their age, but I was glad that I got to use them for my stay.

The room was good size, the linen carpet cover for my feet when getting out of bed during the night & in the morning was appreciated. The only draw back was the lack of TV stations in English, maybe it was available for a fee, I don't know, but I missed getting news while I was traveling. I did not bring my laptop!

The room was promptly cleaned while we had the excellent free super continental breakfast! It was really cleaned, not just make the bed & empty the trash!

The restaurant was superb, the food delicious & the service very professional (just like i remember it to be when I lived in Italy 49 years ago). Silvio the cameriere is a gem, wish we had individuals like him in my part of the world!

The hotel needs some modifications (the bathtub is too high & dangerous to get in & out of it), & some renovations too - a little infusion of $$$$ can go a long way!
Would not change much at all, for now it is good as it is!!!!

Room Tip: For Americans: I found no washcloths anywhere!