An unusal hotel with each "room" comprising an original reconstructed Tibetan house, with balcony and small yard/garden. The rooms are in typical colourful Tibetan style - right down to heavy quilted curtains to keep out the cold. The hotel is attached to a farming village in the hills some 8 kms from Shangri-la town - very remote and peaceful, with the animals roaming around freely. Short of travelling into Shangri-la itself which is (very unbeautiful, far removed from the place made famous in the book "Lost Horizon") there's nowhere to eat except at the hotel - food was enjoyable without being outstanding. I imagine running a luxury hotel in such a place is quite a challenge, and we thought Banyan Tree had done rather well. I visited the Spa, and had the best pedicure and facial ever.
Staff are more Tibetan than Chinese - smiling, friendly, always trying to be helpful even if their english is limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most secluded hideaways in the world, Shangrila is a remote paradise hidden in a Tibetan valley. Surrounded by snow capped mountains, Banyan Tree Ringha is nestled within this fabled valley, offering awe-inspiring views and experiences within a tranquil retreat. Leave the modern world behind and step into a land of great beauty and peacefulness. At the Banyan Tree Ringha, the feeling of exotic isolation converges with all the comforts of a pampering resort stay. Discover all that Ringha has to offer with the "Spirit of Shangrila" program. Designed as an all-inclusive package, the program covers the best tours and treks in the area. With transport, meals and accommodation taken care of, as well as a local guide to show you around, all you have to do is to relax, enjoy, and take in the beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip DaoDao, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Banyan Tree Ringha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ringha Hotel Shangri-La County
- Banyan Tree Ringha Shangri-La County, China - Yunnan