“Great Atmosphere, even better food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Latin, Tibetan, Nepali
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Shangri-La County, China
“Great Atmosphere, even better food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We love Tantra Restobar! We always go to get great indian food in town. Their samosas are awesome and great with the curry. Everything is super fresh and the service couldn't be friendlier.

My personal favorite is the Indian Masala tea. Authentic, made with a milk base.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ricardo E, Propietario at Tantra Restobar, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Hi Ellen, I'm glad you liked the curries and masala tea. I hope you can come back in the future, I will receive you with a "pisco sour with blueberries"

Hamilton, New York, United States
“Coffee, Crackling Fires, and Cool People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Tantra Restobar is a wonderful, homey resturaunt nearby Shangri-la's old town. I went with my Colgate University study abroad group and we were welcomed by Ricky, a warm fireplace, and delicious Indian and Nepalese style food. I greatly enjoyed the broccoli and garlic sauce dish, the excellent and fast service, and steaming cups of coffee and tea. I had a great conversation with Ricky, got warm by the toasty fire, and overall had a wonderful time. The next time I go back to Shangri-la I will definitely eat at Tantra Restobar!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ricardo E, Propietario at Tantra Restobar, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thanks dear Julia, greetings to you and all your classmates from Colgate University.
Ricky Echenique