Did you ever see a place with a lot of very positive reviews, but perhaps as many negative ones? We usually tend to give a hotel the benefit of the doubt and discount the negative reviews as the result of a guest's bad luck or the product of habitual whining. We did that in this case and learned, to our dismay, that the negative press was spot on.
It's true that the hotel has a great view of the Golden Temple. Beyond that, by every other standard, it's absolutely disappointing.
1. The rooms are filthy. We're talking mold, clumps of hair, stains and dirt on every surface, a toilet desperately in need of scrubbing, etc.
2. We noticed that the sheets were dirty and obviously had been used by someone else. The management insisted that the sheets were clean and advised us they had no other sheets when we pressed the point. Not a good sign....
3. The walls are paper-thin. This is handy if you enjoy listening to events in adjacent rooms, but otherwise it may detract from whatever small pleasure you find in your stay.
4. There is no heat. The owners attribute this to the fact that the premises are in the old town, but there are in fact numerous well-equipped accommodations with heat.
5. We had two rooms--and were offered one electric heater for our comfort. We later saw a couple of heaters in the reception area and simply comandeered them (though they were filthy too). We slept in our coats to try to stay warm.
6. The staff is singularly unhelpful.
7. There was no water in the morning. Oh, and the place doesn't provide any bottled water either. Of course you have the option of drinking the boiled water the hotel will supply--if you aren't troubled by the unsanitary-looking thermos it's delivered in.
As our other reviews indicate, we aren't inveterate complainers. We're simply "calling a spade a spade."
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Kersang's Relay Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kersang's Relay Station Shangri-La County, China - Yunnan