“The worse hotel I have stayed in my life - Greece, Corfu, Acharavi - Beis Beach” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beis Beach Hotel

You added Beis Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Beis Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Acharavi 49100, Greece   |
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Acharavi
Possidi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Well the title describes exactly my experience at this hotel…
The structure is not too bad, nice sunsets I agree, but the real problem is the service and management. The Staff are very impolite with some exceptions.
I stayed there in begging of June and just now had some time to put my review… I should have done it before as I could have saved the vacations of other travelers l… I am sorry for that. :/
I’ve just read other reviews and our problems were mostly the same . I see that after 2 months they were not solved… I read some old reviews from 2007 and same issues !!!
Don’t waste your time trying to solve the issues talking to the management otherwise you will have a very unpleasant experience. The “Director” is not just impolite, but aggressive. This guy should be working as Director of prison, never in a hotel.
I would not recommend acharavi if you have kids. Acharavi is a stone beach and a lot of waves and the water is not crystal clear like in other beaches... better to stay in Barbati for example, crystal clear water and calm sea, OK it is stone beach as well but 100 times better than Acharavi.

Good luck and have a nice vacations ( not in Beis beach hotel of course :) )

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Oslo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to Beis Beach this summer (July/2012). My first impression was not good. We booked a room with sea view and they gave us a garden view. Just the next day we could move to a kind of “side” sea view room because we had another apartment in front of us. So, we never got a room with “really sea view” as we booked and paid for. They try to put you in an inferior level room that you paid for and just move you, if you complain.
The Staff are very unpolite and if you have ANY problem they will most goes against you and never solve it and you feel like hostage of them, because you have nobody else to ask help, because even the owner support the bad attitude from the staff.
The hotel is very dirty, smells bad, brown water, some days no wather at all, dishes, glasses and cutlery very old and dirty. The juices look like that was made with the brown water.
In summary, “the hotel and service are disgusting”.
I really recommend you DON´T GO TO BEIS BEACH HOTEL = CORFU GARDEN VILLAGE.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Beis Beach. we had two rooms, one a 2 bed superior suite and the other a standard double room.
On arrival we were shown to our rooms, the room they put us in was in NO WAY a superior suite, there were no seating or dining areas as promised, one tiny balcony off one bedroom and nothing in our "fully equipped kitchenette", the water from the taps was brown, the toilet seat was cracked in half and the sewer smell in the apartment was terrible. The double room my Son was in had a fridge but it did not work.
To give the management their due, when we enquired if we had been put in the right room, they admitted immediately that we were NOT in the room we had paid for.
They showed us another room in another building which was much larger with a balcony stretching across the whole width of the apartment, once we'd negotiated a kettle and some crockery and cutlery we moved rooms (should have checked the fridge though as it didn't work!)
While the room was better than the first one we spent the entire second week with no water at all from the hot taps or shower head.
The air conditioning broke down in my Sons room and the staff were extremely unhelpful.
it took two sleepless nights before they would even give them a fan for the room. when I went across to their room it was like walking into a sauna but when my Son complained the man at reception just laughed at him.
My Son spoke to the owner and after some arguing back and forth they agreed to move him and his girlfriend to another room next to the pool. The walls were actually crumbling with damp but it was thankfully cool and was better than the sweatbox they had endured previously.
We were the only English family there, our (french?) neighbours commandeered the landing outside our room every night and I felt quite intimidated whenever i had to use our front door as we had to step over and around them.
The food was OK, we only had breakfast there a couple of times and there was never enough cutlery, cups or plates. The usual bread, toast, ham, cheese, yoghurt etc.
We will take away SOME nice things though, The rooms were large with modern furniture and clean. Our cleaner was a lovely lady who was quick to smile and really helpful, Costa at the bar was a nice fella too, and the location really was great, right across from the beach (pebbles, so take suitable footwear to get into the sea!) the sunsets were fantastic and the hotel is only a short walk to the town centre and a ten minute walk along the sea front to Roda.

Room Tip: If you get a room where the fridge AND the aircon work....you've hit the jackpot!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Archavavi. The hotel was friendly and clean. The was a wide choice of food and they catered for everyone. My daughter is a vegetarian and it was not a problem. The owner was always on hand and either she or her family were keen to help. It is a lovely setting, peaceful and the sunsets are beautiful.
It is not an expensive holiday, it suits everyone who likes peace and quiet. The local people are so trusting and friendly.
The only problem we encountered was trying to use our credit card, we had to pay cash in most places.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony. Although the hotel is next to the beach there are no sea views. The hotel...
Corfu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I am here for my holidays with my friends and we are having the best time ever! The stuff is very friendly and is very eager to help us. The location is very good, because you can go for walk in Acharavi or Roda on foot. In addition there is a big variety of food in the restaurant!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Madrid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed there last week and it is TERRIBLE in all meanings. Could spent hours talking about things that had happen there... All others guests we talked had same bad impression; we had to leave before because some days we did not have water at all.
The staff always says that tomorrow it will be solved; they made up a different lie every day to justify the chaos in this hotel, but no solutions at all.
The hotel offers a half board to trap people. The breakfast is a joke; few options; No drinks; bad quality, rude staff. They have 3 regular home coffee machines running with SAME coffee powder all morning. The girl just put more water when someone asks, so there is a big line to drink dirty water. For dinner same bad quality and service. Ok we stopped eating at the hotel, but that did not avoid having more problems there.
Hot water does not exist, sometimes no water at all. My friend with 3 kids( 3, 4 and 11 yrs old ) had to give them bath with cold water. .. No air conditioning, room cleaning is barely done every 2 days or so. Rooms are infested of ants.
Director and owner are immoral people. My girlfriends was shouted and kicked out from the office of Director when she went to request for a refund. I went to talk to the owner and he said the behavior of the Director was correct because my girlfriend lost her temper first ?! so a “man” (COWARD for me) of 120kg shouting and kicking out a girl of 55 kg because she was nervous after of 5 days nightmare vacations is correct in the vision of these insane people.
We left the hotel before planned and yesterday we talked to other guests in a restaurant near by and they still having same issues and taking shower with mineral water !!!!

Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The enviroment is nice. Beautiful beach and there are lots of nice restaurants, but the hotel is the worst. In the breakfast there are no enough coffee for everbody, no enough plates, glasses and cups. NO HOT WATER ANY DAY!!!!! The kids was crying to take a shower with cold water.
The room smells bad and the air condicioner never works. Lots of ants on the bed.
The staff from reception, mainly manager and owner are very rude, unfriendly, arrogant and liars. They really doesn´t care about the customers. They just think about the money they could charge you.
I don´t recommend this terrible experience for anybody.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beis Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!