“Great bike shop to rent a road bike from.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Corfu Mountain Bike Tours, along with our physical store "S-Bikes, was established and is run from the beautiful Northern coastal resort of Acharavi. With a wide range of services and activities, we are Corfu's most respected and modern mountain bike company. From mountain bike rental or hire, beautiful tours - excursions and even bike servicing - we cover a wide range of services to better serve the need of our customers.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great bike shop to rent a road bike from.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I hired a road bike to go and do some exploring when I was on holiday. I emailed Stamatis before flying out and he answered all my questions very quickly. The bike I was given was a current model Cube Peloton Race, it was perfect for what I wanted and a good specification for the price. I was provided with a pump, multi tool, spare tube, helmet, water bottle and a map with four different routes to choose from. I did the 48k route which had amazing scenery. I couldn't recommend Stamatis and George at S-bike enough. Great place to hire a quality road bike from at a reasonable price. Highly recommended!!

• Polish first
Leicester
6 attraction reviews
“A Must be Done Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

With a family holiday (Self Catering) planned in Corfu this year we started looking at reviews for restaurants, excursions and attractions I came across S-Bikes. Being a fairly keen cyclist both Road & MTB & realising that I would need a cycling fix while away, I decided to contact them and enquire about a MTB guided tour with them for some fun and to see more of the traditional side of Corfu.

ALL – please ignore the earlier comment “Don’t Bother” (08-07-13).

I originally sent them an enquiry by e-mail back in April to which I had a reply within 24 Hours from Stamatis the owner & Founder of S-Bikes. I had enquired about doing a tour with my 13 Year old Son who has limited MTB experience. Stamatis was slightly concerned about the liability issue (understandable) and offered to meet up with us to discuss options.

As it is not always possible to pre-book day trips to far in advance we would have to wait until we were in Corfu and see how things would be, as the tours are run by the demand rather than planned.

A week before we were due to arrive in Corfu I sent a reminder e-mail as requested. Originally Stamatis had informed me that there would be a tour running on the Thursday 18th July. As it happens I received a further e-mail stating that there would tentatively be a tour running on the Friday 19th July and I would be contacted by phone. True to his word I received a call from Stamatis on the Wednesday to confirm that the tour would go ahead.

I was told that we were to meet at the shop in Acharavi at 09:00 so that the forms could be filled out and the bikes set up. On arriving at the shop you discover that there is also a small supermarket and a tavern all run by the family and I was offered a coffee on the house.

Stamatis sizes you for a suitable bike and the adjustments can be made by yourself or S-Bikes staff will do this for you. I was given a Giant Trance an older model but very well maintained.

The tour I went on started at the summit of Mount Pantokrator (906 Mtrs). Once everyone was sorted with bike and gear (If you have a Hydration sack, take it with you), the bikes are loaded onto a trailer and you are up-lifted to the summit. All the way up we were given information about the island, the views and local culture and as you climb the views open up to greater expanse and on reaching the summit a full 360° Vista.

The planned tour was to ride from the summit all the way back to Acharavi on a variety of surfaces, there were the four of us Stamatis (Owner), Spiros (Guide/Friend), Tim (Client) and myself. The start was a short steep rapid descent on the road before breaking off and heading onto a loose gravel track very similar to a forest fire road in the U.K. but don’t let this lead you into a false sense of security. As you carry on the ride the surfaces vary to large loose rocks on wide tracks that require a good degree of skill to pick a good route through, good balance and the ability to lift your front wheel and hop the bike over some of the less avoidable rocks so to prevent the dreaded pinch flat (as we found out). You can ride as fast or as slow as you like and are never made to feel like you need to ride outside your comfort zone. Stamatis and Spiros were always riding close and advising. Occasionally we were allowed to lead out and pick our own route down certain sections, but if Stamatis knew of a danger ahead he would blast past and advise us to slow down or which way to turn, or just be waiting at an opportune moment to take a photo. Our ride took us to Old Perithia a traditional village nestled in the hills that dates back to the 14th century. It that was almost completely deserted by the 70’s, but now has a few taverna that cater for visitors and tourists and was our planned stop for some refreshment.

Leaving Old Perithia, there is a short climb and ride along a road to get the legs pumping again before once again the route goes off road keeping the fun alive. Our next stop would be Loutses Cave. To get there it is a steep short climb up a concrete track. At the top there is a picnic shelter and the footpath down to the cave. The cave is a remarkable open front cave with a vast over hanging roof. Walking into the cave you are treated to a coolness that is heaven sent on a hot day. We were informed that there are three such caves that run down the hillside, and that although the bottom of the caves are silted up it is said that they run all the way to the sea.

Talking of the Sea this would be our next destination. We carried on riding downhill with the scenery getting evermore green, the trails changing from rocky dusty open tracks to softer shaded olive groves before eventually arriving down at Saint Spiridon and a ride along the coast back to Achavari and S-Bikes and a well deserved drink (Corfu Beer) to round off an excellent day.
So to summarise:
Loved it 
Would I do it again? – Hell Yes.
Would I recommend it to Friends & Family? – Hell Yes.
Would I Recommend S-Bikes services? Hell Yes.

Visited July 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“S-Bikes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Thoroughly recommend either hiring a bike to tour the North of Corfu or participating in one of trips down Mount Pantacrator - I did both!!!
Stamatis and his team provided good bikes, maps and everything you need as well as plenty of humour!!!
Definitely recommended.

Visited August 2013
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Mountain bike day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had an absolutely fabulous day cycling from Mt Pantacrator back down to Acharavi. After being driven up to the top of the mountain the group cycled down the 25km's to Acharavi stopping at various points of interest where our guides, Stamatis and the hilarious Georgios, gave us some interesting snippets of information. Saw parts of the island which you would never see and loved drinking the cold natural water from the well in Nymfes. Our group was a mix of experienced cyclists and novices/returners and all had a great time. Also loved the end of trip get together where we enjoyed a few beers, some nibbles, and laughs at the experience. Very much recommended!

Renfrew, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Mountain Bike Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Finished the Mountain Bike Tour down from Mt Pantacrator. Safety was paramount for Stamati and his team and all skill levels were catered for. Wonderful views and the team were very knowledgeable and willing to answer any question about the island.
Enjoyed every minute.