We had a great week here. The staff were all lovely and the room (sea view) beautiful. We would most certainly go back. Guests were of all ages from young honeymooners to older couples.
Points that might be helpful to note:
1. Bring and use stong insect repellant - I got bitten a lot!
2. If you have sensitive feet, you might find the beach, especially the point where you walk into the sea, a bit sharp / pebbly so consider beach shoes. On windier days the sea was a bit choppy - good fun but perhaps a bit too rough for cautious swimmers.
3. The walk to Acharavi we found a bit long for comfort in the sweltering heat.
4. We stayed half board and were really happy with the lovely variety of food on offer. We ate a couple of nights in the Gourmet (upstairs) restaurant and 3 in the downstairs, slightly more informal place. We also enjoyed the BBQ night. If you decide to go to the Greek night make sure you don't eat much beforehand - there is a lot of food!
5. I had a couple of spa treatments - these were great and there were some very good discounts.
6. The prices for water etc in the hotel shop are very reasonable
7. If you are looking for peace and quiet, with really attentive and helpful staff, this is the place for you. If you want lots of activities, shops, restaurants etc on the doorstep then maybe it isn't.
8. The library is great - plenty of choice of holiday reading!
We really appreciated the fact that the atmosphere was so laid back. No competition for beds by the pool, plenty of room and no rush at mealtimes, excellent wifi and air-con, with reasonable prices for drinks / lunch. Yes the location may be a bit isolated, but we were very glad indeed to get back to the calmness of the Restia Suites after our one and only trip into Acharavi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly located near Acharavi village, along the three-mile stretch of Almiros bay with white sand and a sea of crystal blue water, lies “Restia Suites” Exclusive Resort, the epitome of simplicity, elegance and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Restia Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Restia Hotel Acharavi
- Restia Suites Acharavi, Corfu, Ionian Islands