My partner, me and our two children aged 9 and 5 came here for 11 nights. The hotel and villa were lovely. Every member of staff was friendly and genuine, from the cleaner, receptionists and waiting staff. The swimming pool is fabulous, with a shallow kids pool right next to it, and never any problem finding sunbeds even in the height of the season. There is also a good playground and kids' equipment.
The hotel grounds are lush and green, constantly watered and the apartment was serviced every day including clean towels and bedding if you want it. Breakfast in the hotel is great and offered everything we could have wanted, and went on until 10am so we could have a lie-in.
There was just a short 5 minute walk to the town of Acharavi. It was only a slight slope downhill - [we were led to think from some reviews that there was a 1 in 4 gradient to climb but this isn't the case]. ( If you don't to walk up a slight hill to your room, ask for a room near the reception / pool.)
The town is a bit scruffy in places, but nice to wander round. The restaurants near the beach are great. Walk down to the beach via the olive wood shop (right off the main road) - the nicest restaurant is at the end of the road right on the beach. Prawns in garlic were delicious. Sunsets are amazing. Loads of other restaurants to choose from and most were very good. Lemongrass is overpriced though in my opinion.
Beach is good but was choppy some days, so need to be careful with the kids.
The apartment was very nice and clean. Only suggestion would be a welcome pack on arrival with washing up liquid, sponge, cloth - so you don't have to buy them. Mosquitoes were not a problem for us as we took two plug in mozzy killers from home and sprayed anti mosquito stuff on every evening. We did see some people with nasty bites, so worth doing. The local shops sell the repellent and the plug ins.
Had a trip to Kassopi on the local bus, made a change and the harbour is pretty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Run Property All Hotel Rooms very specious, Great Swimming pool. Lime PoolBar & Grill with a large selection of meals. A la carte "Kumquat restaurant". Departure and arrival transfers at extra cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Corfu Century Resort Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Century Resort Villas Hotel Acharavi
- Corfu Century Resort Hotel & Villas Acharavi, Ionian Islands