This was my first trip to Greece with my siter and cousin, all first timers here and it was one of the best holidays I've been on. That is saying a lot as I've stayed in some amazing hotels and normally prefer travelling to far off destinations!
the hospitality was amazing, the staffw ere so friendly and both my sister and I are vegetarian and we always had plenty to eat and everyone was so accomodating!
The location was perfect, right on the sandy beach, always enough deck chairs, even though the hotel was fully booked (actually bungalows!). Never felt overcworded and never queued at meal times either.
The bungalows were beautiful and unique, the only thing that needs to be upgraded are the showers, very good power showers but a bit dated. Nothing major though!
The food was sooo tasty and so fresh, the views were to die for, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
The bus and taxi stands are right outside, as well as lovely Greek restaurants and bars. Heraklionis only 15 mins drive away and any tours can be easily booked though the hotel reception.
The staff here are genuinely nice, the guests are cultured and the atmosphere is wonderful.
You will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to CRETA BEACH HOTEL & BUNGALOWS. Our hotel complex is located in one of Crete's most attractive locations, the coastal area of Ammoudara, just 5 kilometers from the city of Heraklion. In an environment of exquisite natural beauty, our hotel's 150 renovated and refurbished rooms and stone built bungalows will become the ideal base for your adventurous days around the island, the ideal refuge for rest and relaxation after a day full of activities and fun. The family atmosphere, the traditional Cretan hospitality, the unlimited possibilities for fun, the athletic activities, the sea sports, the high standards, but at the same time friendly and personalized service from our experienced staff, will offer you a unique vacation experience. CRETA BEACH is located in an environment of unique natural beauty, surrounded by blossoming gardens and sky rocketing palm trees, in the 9 kilometer sandy beach of Ammoudara. Ammoudara is located 5 kilometers west of the city of Heraklion and 12 kilometers from the international airport "Nikos Kazantzakis," The greater area is throbbing with life, full of shops, restaurants, taverns, cafeterias and bars, offering endless possibilities for shopping and fun. There are regular bus schedules to and from the city of Heraklion and there is a bus stop right in font of CRETA BEACH. The stone built bungalows, surrounded by colorful gardens and proudly rising palm trees, architecturally designed to merge harmoniously into the natural environment, exude a sense of calm and serenity. Some of the bungalows have a view to the gardens and some others a view towards the sea. The bungalows have: bathroom, WC, refrigerator, safe and veranda. Our hotel's rooms, with either one or two spaces, are ideal for families and can accommodate up to 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Creta Beach Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Beach Hotel And Bungalows
- Creta Beach Hotel & Bungalows Crete/Amoudara