“Where have the servers hands been?” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Vulcan
Calgary, Canada
“Where have the servers hands been?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Such a cute cheery venue for a candy shop and diner BUT on a recent visit there for lunch I was mortified to witness the behind the counter server/food prep female (which I'm sure the owners Lisa and Brian would have been as well) rub her hands on her face and then down inside her t-shirt to adjust her bosom I presume and then witness her relief spend 5 minutes flipping her long hair into a ponytail in the same counter area. I finished my beverage and left without ordering. Sad because the owners obviously have put a lot of thought into this unique store. Perhaps some more food handling/hygiene training is all that is needed.

Visited May 2014
THECANDYLADY, Owner at The Sugar Shack Candy Shop and Stella's Diner, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
I must admit I was heartbroken to see this review, and we sincerely apologize that you experienced this service. My husband and I take our cleanliness and health and safety matters very seriously. My staff should know better than that and we will make sure each and every staff member will be reviewing their health and safety manual once more until each one is clear on these items. We have since terminated one of the "culprits" of this service due to this matter.
The other server has been told and been sat down to review the safety of our customers and that this is not acceptable in any matter.

We are truly sorry you had this happen and that your visit was not as enjoyable as it should have been, I do invite you to please come back and try us again to give you the full experience of what we want our customers to have while at Stella's diner. Once again please except our apologies and I assure this will never again .

Lisa and Brian Dowell

Calgary, Canada
“Awesome visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time in the store great home cooked meals taste just like mom used to make. The staff are very friendly, very good price and the food portions were big filled me right up. Also all the different candy selections too many to choose from

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dmk-canada
“Fun place to stop in and have quick bite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Enjoyed stopping here today with family. Food was good and priced right. Lots of candy choices too. Friendly staff.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Okotoks, Canada
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed homemade chicken soup and egg sandwich for lunch for a reasonable price. Half the store is candy and the other half is a very colorful cafe. Nice bright atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013