“Great Hotel, Reasonably Priced” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bonnyville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Hotel, Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel offers excellent value for the money. It is one of the newest in town and is still in great shape. The staff was accommodating and even allowed me a late checkout so I could work from my room for the morning.

I used the fitness center, and it was bright with good equipment. The breakfast was better than most of the free breakfasts in the chain hotels. There was a diverse selection of items that should provide something for a wide range of diets.

The Wifi in my room was strong. I was able to do my work, as well as make a FaceTime call home, and watch a movie on NetFlix. That level of WiFi is far superior to what I get in most hotels.

I was in a King suite which has a separate bedroom and a really nice work area outside the bedroom. My only complaint about the room is that the heater is in the bedroom, which is right at the back of the unit. The work area (which contains a sofa bed), and bathroom are right at the front of the unit. To keep the work area warm, I had to crank the heat in the bedroom, which made it pretty hot there. It wasn't a big deal for me traveling alone, but if I had had another person who had to sleep on the sofa bed, it could have been awfully cold out there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BWBonnyville, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bonnyville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for your wonderful review on our Property. We are so pleased that everything about your stay exceeded your expectations. We appreciate all of the comments that you made and we hope that you will join us again on your next visit to Bonnvyille in order that we can provide you with the service you deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in bonnyville for a day and I was blown away by the hotel. The decor is amazing and so is the breakfast bar in the morning. We were greeted promptly by friendly staff. The manager Linda was amazing and very helpful as well. She is friendly and engeretic and it rubs off on her staff. Also Claude went out of his way to find us some souvenirs as well. I would highly recommend this place! Everything went smoothly despite it being chaotic because a bunch of band members were there. My overall experience was excellent!

• Stayed October 2012
BWBonnyville, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bonnyville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a nice review.
I will share your review with all of the Staff and we sincerely hope that you will come and stay with us once again.
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a one night stay here as part of a business trip. The location is great due to the fact that it's not right on the main road, which also allows for a quieter night.

Check in was very prompt. The staff was efficient.

The breakfast room was on the small side with a few people having to eat off their laps rather than a table. The food was better than the typical continental breakfast, with a few hot options along with the cereals, yogurts, etc. The gentleman that took care of the room was very quick to refill any dwindling supplies too!

All in all it was a short but pleasant stay. I'll stay here again when next in Bonnyville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our Property. You compliments are taken very seriously as the Staff works very hard to deliver an experience that will surpass our guest expectations. I will share your review in the hotel for all to see. Thank you once again.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nice, basic hotel on the edge of Bonnyville. Appeared to be popular with crews, but was relatively quitet nonetheless. Better than average free breakfast buffet. Rooms were clean with ok noise attenuation. Was not given an upgrade or acknowledged of diamond status with rewards program, if that is important to you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed here on several occasions and have nothing bad to say. Great rooms, great service and the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. This hotel takes pride in all aspects of your stay and I have always been happy here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWBonnyville, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bonnyville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Hello,
Just a short note to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel once again. Your comments are much appreciated and my staff and I are happy that you enjoy your stays with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Best Western hotel which is over 3 years old we were told, is very impressive. We attended a wedding/family reunion and stayed in a suite. What an excellent choice. Very comfortable King bed and bedding, clean and the room is just simply said "comfy".
When we walked in we were greeted by a friendly lady "Russell" who assisted us with our every need. Although she is new to the area herself, she found everything we required. Jim is also a very service friendly fellow. Always a "good evening" or "how are things going" and always a big smile. Excellent Service.
The next morning to our surprise, we saw Russell in the Breakfast room. She was working along side Claude learning this task also. Claude and Russel make a great team. They are both quick, clean, and nice people to talk to.
Tammy did a wonderful job on our room. Kudos to the Executive Housekeeper Cathy, along side helping one day. Satisfaction.
Linda Laporte you and your staff run a top notch operation there, and as we told you the last Best Western we stayed at did not compare to yours and it was a PLUS! Your decor is very impressive. Floors shine. We noticed the care right away when we entered.
Thank you all Staff for making our stay and our Family welcome at the hotel when they came to visit. We will be back next year and hope to see all ov you again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My stay in the Best Western in Bonnyville was restful and refreshing. I was treated like royalty the moment I walked into the lobby. Jim and Lauren at the front desk did everything they could to make the check in process comfortable and relaxed. The manager, Linda, assured me that my stay was to be as nice as they could make it.

The weight-room was very useable with drinking water and towels available. A private shower enclosure is conveniently located beside the gym and spa. The spa, or hotub, is large enough for 8 or 10 people comfortably, and operated at a temperature close to the posted maximum of 40C or 105F. The jets are strong enough to provide effective massage and at a relative depth to easily get sore shoulder and neck muscles. Towels are provided beside the spa for your convenience.

The building is quite new and feels that way; the air was fresh and clean. I very much enjoyed the luxurious ambience and classy art works on the main floor and on the walls in my suite. The outside smoking area was at the front of the building, yet far enough from the lobby entrance that I didn't even get a whiff od cigarettes.

The magnificent complimentary breakfast provides enough to give you a good start on the day regardless of your pursuits. An attendant is always there to make sure you safely get coffee in your mug as fast as possible! Bacon, sausage, egg, hashbrowns, many cold cereals, including Vector, an egg roll-up with salsa, bagels, toast, buns...anything and everything a hungry person needs early in the day. The most complete complimentary breakfast one can imagine.

The suite was wonderful. The air conditioning unit was quiet and effective. A television in both the bedroom and the living room gave me flexibility to get work done, yet relax when I needed it. The desk is well-lit as is the entire suite. A perfectly located power source allowed instant recharging with no search for an outlet. An ethernet jack for a secure connection, and an additional AC outlet are on the desktop. I was productive yet able to relax in this luxurious suite.

My beverages and foods were kept fresh in the handsome refridgerator and the nice size of the freezer froze my ice packs in a few hours. The guest laundry completed the availability of functional features alowing me to look and feel my best on the next leg of my travels.

This is a well-run hotel. Jim and Lauren at the desk were always helpful to me, and made me feel like I had staff to assist me. Although travelling solo, I was never alone in Bonnyville, Alberta...I was a Best Western guest.

Room Tip: I was in a suite and had a luxury stay. Use the laundry. Use the spa. Enjoy Best Western Bonnyville.