Lago Grey Hosteria looks a little like a 50's style American motel - several lines of attached rooms in a row. This is true of the standard rooms, my glimpse of the superior rooms looked a little different and they have the lake view. We had a triple, which was large and comfortable and clean, perfectly adequate, although overpriced as is everything in Torres del Paine.
The main lobby has a spectacular view of the lake and the glacier, as does the bar and dining room. There is WiFI available in the bar, although it can be a little tricky to get on and the mail app on the IPad doesn't work well, you have to get on directly through Safari.
Breakfast was ok, not great, but pleniful.
The location is good, easy access to the drivable roads in the park and the boat trip to the glacier is very worth it. All and all a good place to stay in Torres del Paine
Hopefully this hotel is still standing as it is directly in the path of the fires raging in Torres del Paine at this time, Dec, 2011
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful place surrounded by lakes,rivers,forest, mountains and a stunning glacier.Hotel Lago Grey is the perfect place to discover the amazing landscape of Chilean Patagonia. Hotel Lago Grey excels their new 30 superior rooms with view to the lake along with confortable facilities, a professional staff and the amazing navigation to the main wall of Glacier Grey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lago Grey Hosteria and Navegacion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lago Grey Hosteria And Navegacion Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Lago Grey Hosteria And Navegacion Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile