The camp is located in a perfect position in the park, right near the base of Las Torres and the start to Los Cuernos. We stayed in a suite dome, which was beautifully furnished and had a fire when we arrived. The beds were huge with lovely bedding. The bathroom was freezing although they do have heaters which the staff can sort out for you. The domes are located in such a way that you feel completely private and we had a fantastic view of the Torres. It is all very peaceful and respectful of its surroundings. We had one dinner while we were there whereby you receive a cocktail and snacks before dinner which is a nice touch. We did all the treks on our own which is completely do-able.
While we rate this camp highly and it looked like one of the best in the park - if not the best (we visited a lot of the others while we were there), the staff were incredibly, incredibly weak. We arrived in the evening after a very long drive. The young lady who received us did not even utter the word "hello/ welcome". She rushed off to get a man who could speak English. He too did not welcome us. There were no introductions or any offers of advice during our entire duration of our stay. When we left, we had the same experience. I am not sure if it was because we were not part of a group that we were almost ignored. I saw that the guides were friendly and ate dinner with their guests. The staff aspect was a big surprise for us, as Lorena who had been in correspondence with us before our arrival via email was incredibly helpful and friendly. Staff can make or break a place and this place (for individual trekkers) was a huge disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EcoCamp is situated in the very heart of Torres del Paine National Park and provides the region’s first fully sustainable accommodation, complete with green technology. You enjoy guided treks and wildlife excursions by day and share evening meals with new friends, before falling asleep gazing up at the star-filled sky through your dome ceiling. Wake up in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness in a cozy geodesic dome, with a panoramic view of the majestic Torres del Paine, ready to pick up the hiking trail!EcoCamp Patagonia is a tribute to Kaweskar dwellings and way of life. The basic premise in designing the EcoCamp was to maintain the nomadic spirit of Patagonia’s ancient inhabitants. EcoCamp Patagonia is the 1st sustainable accommodation south of the Amazon, and the only one of its kind in Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ecocamp Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecocamp Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Ecocamp Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile