I recently returned from Cascada's 9 day Torres del Paine trek which is actually a 7 day trek and 2 days of travel to and from Punta Arenas. I upgraded to a standard dome for the 3 nights spent at Eco camp. I found Eco camp to be a really wonderful place, domes and shared bathrooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friedly and helpful and the food is really good. My experience on the actually trek was not as positive. The communication as to what to bring was non existent and the information on the web site is incorrect. For example, on the web site it states you will received two 20 liter bags that the porters will carry when in reality you only receive one. The tents at the camps were filthy, improperly pitched and my tent at camp Grey was patched with duck tape, needless to say not a water proof patch so I slept in a wet tent. We felt our head guide was basically annoyed by our presence, he even left us behind during a dangerous river crossing. The assistant guide was the complete opposite, really helpful and kind. Overall I'm not sure i would recommend Cascada as your tour guide option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EcoCamp is situated in the very heart of Torres del Paine National Park and provides the region’s first fully sustainable accommodation, complete with green technology. You enjoy guided treks and wildlife excursions by day and share evening meals with new friends, before falling asleep gazing up at the star-filled sky through your dome ceiling. Wake up in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness in a cozy geodesic dome, with a panoramic view of the majestic Torres del Paine, ready to pick up the hiking trail!EcoCamp Patagonia is a tribute to Kaweskar dwellings and way of life. The basic premise in designing the EcoCamp was to maintain the nomadic spirit of Patagonia’s ancient inhabitants. EcoCamp Patagonia is the 1st sustainable accommodation south of the Amazon, and the only one of its kind in Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ecocamp Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecocamp Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Ecocamp Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile