We had a memorable trip! Our guide was skilled, patient, generous, and thoughtful. And the members of our group were terrific companions--two British women and two German men. All capable, experienced hikers.
On the way in and on the way out, we stayed in Punta Arenas in a lovely boutique hotel--Ilaia (http://www.ilaiapatagonia.com/)--and had nice dinners at a sweet restaurant--La Marmita (http://www.marmitamaga.cl/index.html) In Santiago, we spent a night at another exceptional boutique hotel, Lastarria (http://www.lastarriahotel.com/) in a neighborhood similar to Palermo in Buenos Aires.
But most importantly was our time at Eco Camp and on the trails, and that was wonderful. We're getting old and soft, so it was a treat to stay in a luxurious dome; have some fine food with good Chilean wine; and then embark on rigorous hikes that culminated in magnificent settings. We had come prepared to hike in high winds and driving rain, with nary a view of a mountain--we would've enjoyed that as well--but we were rewarded instead with clear, crisp blue skies. And we enjoyed it all the more.
My wife and I have hiked above the Arctic Circle in Sweden and in Norway's Hardanger region; on the Argentinian side of Patagonia; and backpacked in the Cascades, Glacier, and the Wind River in North America. This matched those experiences. It was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EcoCamp is situated in the very heart of Torres del Paine National Park and provides the region’s first fully sustainable accommodation, complete with green technology. You enjoy guided treks and wildlife excursions by day and share evening meals with new friends, before falling asleep gazing up at the star-filled sky through your dome ceiling. Wake up in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness in a cozy geodesic dome, with a panoramic view of the majestic Torres del Paine, ready to pick up the hiking trail!EcoCamp Patagonia is a tribute to Kaweskar dwellings and way of life. The basic premise in designing the EcoCamp was to maintain the nomadic spirit of Patagonia’s ancient inhabitants. EcoCamp Patagonia is the 1st sustainable accommodation south of the Amazon, and the only one of its kind in Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Ecocamp Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecocamp Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Ecocamp Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile