I doubt it, ..it feels as if these refugios are under assault from the visitors and their bad service and over-priced products is their revenge! Not since summer camp have I had to stand behind a ROPE to wait for the meal service to begin. And it was not worth the wait...at breakfast, the eggs were swimming in un-cooked egg mix, the other options were limited and the only other "treat" was a small yogurt. Dinner was passable and plentiful however. The rooms are small, 6 beds to a room, though I found the showers clean and hot with ample water. The expensive box lunch was an un recognizable cheese spread substance on a large, stale roll, plus nuts, maybe a fruit. Yes, staying in a shared room in bunk beds beats camping, but does it have to be soooo bad?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shelter is located on the shore of Pehoe Lake, facing the southern face of Paine Grande hill, crowned by Punta Bariloche in the plain that terminates Quebrada de los Vientos. It locates in the area of the old Refugio Pehoe, and sited in a strategic position of the primitive zone of the park for excellence, it is only accessible through lacustrine way or walking through the trekking paths of the park. It forms part of the circuit and the W-shape road, being a base camp for excellence. It is strategically located in the old area of Pehoe Shelter and is only accessible via Pehoe Lake or by walking the trekking routes of the park. It forms part of the W Circuit and is considered as the base camp. The Shelter can hold 100 people in 22 bedrooms with 3 and 2 bunks each. These rooms have a lovely view to Pehoe Lake, the heights of Paine Grande, Valle del Frances and the east face of Cuernos del Paine. Each one of them has comfortable bunks and drawers to put away gear. However, we have a custody service and a safety box to keep valuable belongings. The toilets are on the first and second floor and have wash basins, toilets and hot water showers, separated for men and women. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vertice Paine Grande Mountain Shelter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paine Grande Mountain Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Vertice Paine Grande Mountain Shelter Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile