The lodge is a good value compared to some of the others. There is a happy hour in the bar from 5-7 pm with half price drinks. The food is very good (we thought). The roos don't lock so don't bring valuables. It is quiter then some of the other lodges and it is possible to get a room for just 2 people. The drawback is the insane wind that pounds the lodge and campground constantly. I would not recommend camping here, even though there is a really nice cooking shelter in the camp area. When we were there in oct thy were doing construction as well so I don't think many campers got much sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shelter is located on the shore of Pehoe Lake, facing the southern face of Paine Grande hill, crowned by Punta Bariloche in the plain that terminates Quebrada de los Vientos. It locates in the area of the old Refugio Pehoe, and sited in a strategic position of the primitive zone of the park for excellence, it is only accessible through lacustrine way or walking through the trekking paths of the park. It forms part of the circuit and the W-shape road, being a base camp for excellence. It is strategically located in the old area of Pehoe Shelter and is only accessible via Pehoe Lake or by walking the trekking routes of the park. It forms part of the W Circuit and is considered as the base camp. The Shelter can hold 100 people in 22 bedrooms with 3 and 2 bunks each. These rooms have a lovely view to Pehoe Lake, the heights of Paine Grande, Valle del Frances and the east face of Cuernos del Paine. Each one of them has comfortable bunks and drawers to put away gear. However, we have a custody service and a safety box to keep valuable belongings. The toilets are on the first and second floor and have wash basins, toilets and hot water showers, separated for men and women. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vertice Paine Grande Mountain Shelter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paine Grande Mountain Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Vertice Paine Grande Mountain Shelter Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile