We were expecting an expensive, unexciting, touristy coach-tour kind of place based on advice from our tour operator and it was far better than that. OK its a busy place with individuals and tours coming and going all the time but we had a comfortable room with great views and the only problem we experienced ( a faulty safe) was resolved quickly. We ate in the bar because we didn't want a huge meal (its a buffet restaurant at a fixed price ) - the food was excellent in quality and the service very friendly. Yes, its expenive, but then the logistics of getting anything at all to this place must be incredible.
Our guide on the trek to the base of the towers, Felipe, was excellent and made sure we were safe and comfortable, given that the day we went was the one day that it rained. Luckily for us we were the only people on that tour that day so had all his attention and could go as quickly as we wanted. A packed lunch was included in the price of the trek.
One thing we didn't know before we went was the range of tours and excursions available - something to suit all ages and levels of mobility (there was quite a crinkly contingent in the hotel too..). Also, you don't necessarily need to go on an organised trek - the paths are clearly signposted and you are given a detailed map on entering the park. There are hikers everywhere and 'refugios' where you can stop for food, toilets and a warm fire if needed.
We stayed 2 nights here - wish we could have stayed one more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Torres is located in the heart of the National Park at the foot of the main tourist attraction, Las Torres del Paine and the starting point of the main trails of the park.With 84 room we offer All Inclusive Packages as well as bed & breakfast options.In any case, we are very flexible, with no fixed dates or days of arrival.We do have daily tour options to the main attractions of the park, as well as a nice restaurant with local cuisine options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Las Torres Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile