This is not for everyone. It is remote and it takes an adventure to get there, but it's all worth it. There aren't enough words to capture the magnificence of the hotels location in nature. If you have trouble sleeping...ask for a room on the second floor and far from the main stairwells. I recommend bringing earplugs if you are super sensitive like I am. However, that does not detract from the experience. There were programs for every level of fitness. My favorite was galloping for a least one hour straight on the pampas...in the rain...in the cold...and loving every minute. The longer hikes are challenging and you feel throughly drained and exhilarated at the same time. The food, wine, service, and guides were wonderful. The wifi service wasn't great, but hey...it got us disconnected for 4 days. Priceless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your explora Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile