To be honest, this is the worst reservation process I have experienced fo my whole trip in Patagonia. All my other contacts were friendly and explicit. Here, I merely had a reply without a word but attached documentation. When asking for details, got told that “eveything was in the documentation”. And I wrote in Spanish, so they cannot say they could not understand my queries. I can say that this Carola girl was not my friend at the time. Still is not. Yet that the prices are exagerated, considering the basic offer provided, a more agreeable contact would have been nice.
What do we have here? Well there are few accomodations in Torre Del Paine and they know it. Hence the high prices. You book a bed? Fine. But if you want sheets, it is more expensive. You want a towell? You have to pay. Unless you planned your food for several days, you’ll have to go with their meals too as you cannot buy anything in the parc.
To sleep, you can have a tent, or a dormitory. 6 beds per room. We booked the bed with sheets and it was warm and confortable (could be rearging the price). They have some lockers you can close if you bring a lock. There is a bathroom for men, another for women, with several toilets and 2 showers. Clean.
Regarding the meal, I can say it was very correct. Good breakfast, very nice lunchpack, and good dinner as well. Staff there is ok, but does not speak english.
To sum up, if you put the price, it is fine (not tremendous). But forget about having a nice contact with the booking staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refugio Torre Central is located in "las Torres" sector, at the beginning of the W trek, you may access from Laguna Amarga (entrance to the park), taking the shuttles from this point to las torres. Next to Torre Central there is Torre Norte Refugio (for 60 people is the first FS refugio built in the 90´s), where guests must make their check in and have their meals at Refugio Torre Central.Torre Central is a very well equipped Refugio for 60 people, with Shop, Restaurant, Bar, shared rooms for 6, shared bathrooms and central heating.We are an eco friendly company so we do not have high demand devices; here we have a diesel engine to produce energy that we save in our batteries system, we invite you to help us to take care of it. Useful info: bring sandals for showers, towel (rental available).For tax exemption, do not forget to bring your passport, immigration card given when enter to Chile and foreign currency (tax exemption not available for camping guests) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Refugio Torre Central-Torres del Paine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Refugio Torre Central-Torres Del Paine Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Refugio Torre Central-Torres Del Paine Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile