This is one of the smaller refugios on the W circuit as it doesnt have the day walkers who you will find staying in Refugio Torre Central and Paine Grande - as a result we found it had a younger demographic to those refugios and a different vibe. As well as the dormitory rooms they have a number of cabins up the hill (maybe six) which I would definitely recommend as they provide some more privacy, have a separate bathroom building (though this was out of order for our night there...) and have access to an outdoor hot tub! The cabins have a skylight, providing an amazing view of the stars if you happen to be awake in the middle of the night, literally from the comfort of your own bed!
The common area in the refugio is very small, so they ask everyone to leave it at about 630pm so they can set up for dinner which was a bit of a shame when you are well settled in with a bottle of wine! The food itself was average, but pretty consistent with what we saw in all the refugios on the W circuit (instant soup, piece of meat with mashed potato, fruit dessert) - not great, but good enough to fuel you for the next day of walking!
Fine for a night to provide a link between the base of the towers and French Valley day walks - I wouldn't recommend staying longer than that.
- Also Known As:
- Refugio, Camping And Cabins Los Cuernos Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Refugio, Camping And Cabins Los Cuernos Hotel
- Refugio, Camping And Cabins Los Cuernos Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Cuernos is located in the heart of the W trek Circuit, if you have started your trek from las Torres sector, this would be your third or second night at the Circuit, from las Torres or El Chileno the trek is about 4 to 5 hours until you reach Los Cuernos.Los Cuernos is for most off us our favorite spot in the W trek, just in the base of Los CuernosIn this sector you´ll find our Refugio, Domes, Cabins and Camping, all of them with 24 hours hot water bathrooms (Domes guests must use Refugio´s Bathrooms). Yo can also have your meals at our Restaurant inside the Refugio. Useful info: bring sandals for showers, towel (rental available).For tax exemption, do not forget to bring your passport, immigration card given when enter to Chile, foreign currency (tax exemption not available for camping guests) ... more less