I'm gluten intolerant and from the time we initiated our inquiries, through our 6 night stay, the staff at Patagonia Camp were wonderful. Before we booked, we asked online reservations if they could accommodate my diet restrictions. They responded by asking for a complete list of items that I can and cannot eat in addition to my likes and dislikes. Many times when I travel, this means the cooks tell me what I can eat, and what to avoid, but not at Patagonia Camp! Special bread and desserts arrived at my table at breakfast and dinner. They made rice pasta for me at one lunch at camp. Magdalena and Juan Luis were helpful and patient when I asked about ingredients of some dishes I suspected and cheerfully went to check in the kitchen to reassure me. I did bring Udi's french rolls to have for the 'sandwich lunch' on the two long hikes, which worked out wonderfully. I thanked the cooks personally and they said they did research and just learned to cook gluten free for my stay!
I disagree with a previous post that there is no hiking from camp. We chose to stay 6 nights to have 5 full days of hiking and we were not disappointed. We hiked Fauna Trail, Base of the Towers, Grey glacier, and French Valley. On the 5th day instead of a 2 hour van drive to a cave we did a 3 hour hike from camp to mirador Lago Bonita before lunch, then did a two hour hike to the waterfall after lunch. Although the excursions are more structured than we are used to, I would highly recommend Patagonia Camp. Guides were great.
As the guidebooks all say, the weather in Patagonia can change quickly. For our 5 days, we had two beautiful days of summer, then it turned cool and cloudy. The guides were attentive to the forecasts so we saw all the wonderful views.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Camp Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Patagonia Camp Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patagonia Camp is the first luxury Camp in South America, an original and distinctive concept where every detail has been carefully thought of so that our guests may thoroughly enjoy the magnificent and wild nature of Torres del Paine National Park and mythical Patagonia, combining comfort, convenience, and the warm hospitality that Chileans are known for. Patagonia Camp invites you to live an experience unlike any other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Patagonia Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.