“Treetop Explorer Ziplining was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

856 31 252 908
Website
Improve this listing
Bern, Schweiz
“Treetop Explorer Ziplining was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I did the 2 day / 1 night tour in march 2015 and I totally agre to everything "living the dream with tori" said abou the tour! It happened exactly as she described but we weren't on the same tour.
The provided sleepingbags we had were thick ones for cold wheather so it was really warm. Maybe bring a silk sleepingbag if you don't like sleeping in used ones as they are not washed. I was fine without one though.

Visited March 2015

Leeds, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
“Poor organisation and a dull trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

We took part in the Boliven plateau trek with Green Discovery.

The trek itself was informative but not particularly interesting. The scenery was quite dull with the exception of the waterfalls and the itinerary was not flexible at all. At one point we had arrived at a restaurant where we were due to have lunch an hour early. Instead of going to our intended restaurant, the guide told us we had to wait around for an hour as the restaurant were not expecting us.

Also, our guide was lacking in charisma and was not forthcoming with information. On arriving at the homestay where we were to stay for the night, he disappeared at the first opportunity and we were left to abuse ourselves for a few hours until dinner was served.

Generally, the trip seemed disorganised and quite padded out in order to last 2 days. Overall, I would avoid using Green Discovery.

British Columbia, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“TreeTop Ziplining was AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

We contemplated back and forth about Green Discovery's and The Gibbons Experience ziplining adventures, and we were happy we choose Green Discovery's! We did the 2 day, 1 night tour.

Our initial decision was based around the reviews confirming their emphasis on safety and it could not have been more true! The guides were so awesome, and even though a couple of them couldn't speak english, were still very interactive and helpful throughout the tour!

We were a little concerned about the trekking based on previous reviews that it is EXTREMELY hard even for fit people. I think that I would like to clarify on this:

The first day of trekking through the jungle was very moderate hiking. I would like to emphasize "hiking" as it is not a casual stroll, and will exert a lot of energy especially wearing a backpack of your stuff for the night (so pack as light as you can)! Make sure that you have shoes that strap to your feet. You do not need hiking shoes - runners (trainers) were fine! I have a weak ankle, so I wore an ankle bandage for the extra support.

The morning of the second day of trekking is also easy/moderate to reach the last of the ziplining. You have a choice to leave your pack at the camp, as well, so it's easier not to have the extra weight. After lunch, you grab your pack and hike back to the village to leave. This trekking is the most intense of the tour as it is steep uphill hiking for about 2 hours (3 hours maximum). I was extremely out of breath (I am 30, fit, but do not practice regular cadio so this is to be expected), but you were free to stop and catch your breath as much as you needed to. If you had bad knees, this could have made things more difficult as it is very steep. It was challenging for sure, but a reasonably fit person can do it (some just may need to stop more than others).

I am from Canada, so I am used to hiking. I think it is just important to remember, that it much more difficult that walking through the woods. There will be steep inclines, declines, and obstacles such as branches, trees, and rocks to navigate around.

With that said, I am glad that we did the 2 day tour and not the 3 day tour. If you are concerned about the difficulty level, I would recommend the 2 over the 3 day for sure as it is exhausting. The 3 day would likely be for people that hike on a more regular basis and are looking for a challenge.

Now the ZIPLINES!! SO AWESOME! The scenery was incredible! They were staple and the break is easy to use. The guides are there to send you off and make sure you land safely on the other side. I strapped my GoPro to my wrist to video tape the adventure and I am so happy I did. If you have a camera - get a strap to secure around your wrist to record the adventure as well! (Some people used their phones, but I would be afraid to drop it).

The food and tree house accommodations were good but rustic. The mosquito nets had some holes in them - if you have tape bring it and you can patch them if you're concerned. I didn't have any tape and I was fine during the night. Bring a headlamp or flashlight, to navigate in the treehouse at night (ie. if you have to go to the bathroom) as it is very dark in the jungle with no lights to guide you. One reviewer referred to the water being turned off at night, but we did not have that issue. Also, some people said they were cold at night. I wore yoga pants and a sweater and I wasn't cold at all. Maybe just be sure to have a sweater.

Overall, it was an awesome experience. For the sunset, climb out to the rocks at the base of the waterfall and soak in the beauty of the scenery!! It is truly breath taking where the camp is located. Be ready for some adventure that is totally worth every moment of struggle!

Visited February 2015
5 attraction reviews
“Tree top explorer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

Really enjoyed this, i did it about 18 months ago so it may have changed but its a difficult hike in general but the ziplines are really cool. Some really long ones, eating off banana leaves in the jungle in the middle of rainy season was actually a really nice experience. The waterfall is beautiful near the camp but very rocky so were rubber shoes or flip flops in.

The via feratta is really challenging but very enjoyable. All in all a great experience and one of the highlights of my 3 month trip around Asia.

I visited July 2013 , a long time ago but just decided to some reviews from my travels recently

Visited March 2014
“Not so "green"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

After nearly a month in Laos, I've come to accept that the country's blatant disregard for the environment is commonplace. However, when you tout yourself as a Eco-conscious tour company, you should strive for it in all aspects. On my two day trek in the Bolaven Plateau, the guide mentioned how he enjoyed eating pangolin, a critically endangered species! For this and other reasons, I will never book another tour with Green Discovery again!

Visited February 2015