“3 day Zip Lining tour - Well worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Tamworth, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“3 day Zip Lining tour - Well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

From the multiple trips offered we opted for the 3 day jungle trek with the zip lining - WOW amazing trip! As mention the payment was fine - it seems very sketchy at the time if you pay in advance before travelling, the use of a PayPal account would help with confidence - but on arrival all was fine, the payement had been received and as 6 others had signed up our required balance was reduced accordingly without issue. You can also leave your huge bags at their office taking only a small bag on the trip.

The team is great, the equipment is all new and safety whilst zip lining is a key concern (without dampening the fun of the adventure). They did mention to us that walking in the wet season naturaly makes everything wet and it rained everyday we were there pretty much - however this made the waterfalls even more spectacular and kept you cool with all the walking. The accomodation is tree houses as advertised and showers can be taken in the waterfall everyday. The food was nice considering the wilderness and I felt even my large appetite was catered for.

You do need to be an active person for this treck - breaks are few and far between and you are carying all your stuff on the first and final days which can be heavy, especially on the rock face climb on the final day. BUT yes you are in the wild and yes civilisation is quite lacking in the wild and therefore medical help is quite some distance away, this makes the views spectacular of never ending forest but I was lucky enough not to injure myself so I would say that.

Take care but have fun! This was the best thing I did in Loas and praobably the whole of South East Asia.

Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Treetop Explorer; great fun but with a caveat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

we went on the 3 day tour and had a great time; well organised and within the limits of the adventure, there is attention to safety. No problem at all with the payment; when more people booked after us they quite freely reduced the price because of the larger group. Really nice food and lots of adventure. As others have noted, however, it is very wet and it is very easy to slip and fall as I did. I thought had had just sprained my ankle although after an Xray in Bangkok it was in fact broken. I was able to walk out and climb the via ferrata but anything more serious would have been very difficult as rescue facilities seem non existent. Although they were very nice and exceptionally helpful, the guides were insistent that there was no other way out other than climbing the via ferrata. I wish I had taken at least one walking pole or at least used a bamboo pole for support in the wet. Many others were falling over too. So, in summary, a great adventure but be aware of the limitations of help in a medical emergency.

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“amazing 3 day 2 night tree tops adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My mate and I (26 and 27 years young) joined the three day two night tree tops adventure last week and WOW! What an amazing 3 days, we loved every minuet of it! Before the actual event the staff were great when emailing back and forth with information, and when we meet in person in their pakse office the day before we headed out. The crew during the three days were fantastic, always helping and smiling The gear they use is good quality and you always felt very safe as u ziplied up to 450m cross the face of amazing waterfalls and over stunning vallys. The food was some off the best I had in laos, real local laos food, allways more than enough and at times eating off banana leaves as plates, a great "in the wild jungle" experiance. They also suplied all the drinking water which saves you the trouble and saves you from running out, and they even had a few beers for sale at base camp at the end off the day which was a nice touch and well deserved and needed at the end of each day. speaking of, the trecking/hiking was one of the best parts, challenging at parts, scrambling up rocks, walking through streams and weaving through dense bamboo, it was very good exercise, and you definatly break a sweat and feel a rewarding burn in your legs at the end of the day. On average we did 3hrs of trecking/hiking, up and down, and in and out of the jungle to visit beautiful view points, rock climing walls, stunning waterfalls and the zip lines. The zip lines, the fun you have and the views you get have to be the best part. So much fun, very safe, you can get some decent speed and the zip lines offer you some amazing views, some lines go over and even in front of massive waterfalls whilst the biggest, at 450m expands the entire valley. Last, but definatly not least, the tree houses where you actualy stay are super cool and very unique, they are something from a childhood dream or from a peter pan movie, to zip line into your tree house each night at 15m up above and then zip line out again in the morrning for breakfast is something i will never forget. the tree houses themselves have table and chairs, beds, insect nets and western toilets, all the basics you need when alot of base camp time is spent in the main dinning area, taking in the views of the waterfall, eating, chatting, playing games, drinking a beer or great laos coffie and drying out by the fire. All in all it was a great experiance, the best thing i did in laos and there for worth the money. For anyone who is not a princess, resonably fit, wants an adventure, is not scared of hights, and dosen't mind getting a bit wet you should sign up and enjoy the ride!

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“A disaster waiting to happen”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a really hard review for me as I have very mixed feelings regarding the 2 day treetop explorer trip I did with them. I had 2 bad experiences which I will detail below:
Accommodation - when I went to book this trip they informed me it was fully booked. They then said they could take me on the trip, if I stayed in the staff accommodation - with a 5% discount. I was hesitant with such a little discount but was reassured the accommodation was very similar to the treehouses. This was not the case! The staff quarters was a little room with a few moth/rat-eaten mattresses on the floor and *no* mosquito nets. I was so shocked and refused - eventually I got put up in a treehouse. They dealt with this pretty badly.
Injury - I unfortunately slipped and seriously injured my wrist. It was apparent that the staff had no first aid training - they tried to put a plaster on a wound that clearly needed stitches and there was no first aid kit at all on site at the treehouse. Luckily some other trekkers were carrying kits! I really find this appalling.

Pros - amazing fast zip lines, stunning scenery, via ferrata was really fun, guides were really cheerful and nice, sleeping in a treehouse is cool (although very basic!)
Cons - as above, plus - in rainy season it is extremely slippy and challenging, plus a bridge collapsed on our 2nd day so we had a very arduous, muddy and difficult climb as a detour, the food is quite poor, as a group of 12 ziplining together we got extremely cold waiting on the platforms as we were soaking, insufficient space around the fire to warm up on reaching camp, no facility for buying beer or anything at camp - the guides carried beer for their laos friends who'd come on the trip but didn't think to offer this service for us. Overall didn't feel like an important customer at all!
And on a very minor point - leeches are disgusting!!!!
I think some of the guys on my trip had a great time - but only go if you're in good physical shape, are prepared to slip/fall a lot & comfortable with wilderness first aid. You're alone out there!

Visited June 2013
Adelaide Hills
16 attraction reviews
“Bolavan Plateau here we go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Our family of five did a one day trip to see the waterfalls and coffee plantations, including the cultural village. Our guide was personable and had lots of stories as we travelled in the minivan or walked.

Fun day for all - including going to a market day in the Bolaven Plateau which had us walking through the mud and heavy rain, but well worth it. Bought a colourful silk umbella which we still cherish.

Waterfalls spectacular, relaxing lunch at a remote cafe by one of the waterfalls was very good - love the sticky rice, and we have free choice off the menu and drinks - all covered by the tour fee!

We visited the indigenous village (& waterfall) which was a highlight - especially due to the knowledge, experience and relationship the tour guide had with some of the ethnic group members. We had actually been there earlier on our trip South to 4000 Islands, but on that occasion the guide had little or no knowledge to share and we were left to wander around by ourselves. Thanks to Green Discovery we gained a whole new perspective and fun & interesting stories of the various ethnic groups, customs and differences.

Would recommend this trip for young or old, with a little bit of walking it was a very good exposure to the local vegetation, natural splendor of the environment, (option of swimming which my boys took up near one of the many waterfalls) and the visit to the coffee and green tea growing in the area was educational and tasty!

Visited July 2012