“Ok, but noisy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bacoli Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Preveza
Bacoli Hotel
Preveza 480 60, Greece   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Preveza
Espoo
“Ok, but noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The location is good, but the sound insulation in the hotel is quite bad so prepare with earplugs.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing, but the pool is quite nice (altough with the warm sea you don't really need a pool in Parga).
Parga itself is a very nice place so highly recommend traveling there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I spent one week at Bacoli Hotel and unfortunately I don't have many good things to say about it. The rooms were very dark and small (I think we even paid extra to stay on the top floor), especially the bathroom. We had trouble with getting the air-conditioner to work and the staff were not particularly interested in helping us. The view was poor. The balcony the tiniest "shoebox" ever. The breakfast - really, really poor. I am never going back to this place, but Parga in itself was nice.One good thing - it was clean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Parga the second week in August 2012, and I had done a lot of research as to what hotel we would choose within our price range. We would either choose Bacoli or Milos. Milos was smaller and without a swimming pool but had great reviews and Bacoli was the better hotel (according to our agents web pages) and had a swimming pool, but the reviews were not all that good. In the end we chose Bacoli.

The outdoor area inside the hotel complex is really beautiful and the swimming pool is deep and nice. We're not the kind of people who like to stay at the hotel during the day, but I for one enjoy having a dip in the pool after a long day at the beach. The bar really isn't much to brag about, it is ok, but that's about it. Some of the drinks are good and some are aweful and the food is just regular bar food chips and the like. The prices vary but they are high enough to make me rather go somewhere else, but we didn't travel to Parga to stay at the hotel now did we! If you are hungry and don't want to go far I would recommend "Thomas Taverna" just down the street. They are really cheap, has good service and the food is great!

We had an apartment. It was very nice, with a small kitchen and bathroom on the lower floor and a nice bedroom upstairs. You had to climb very narrow spiral stairs to get up to the bedroom, so this is definitely not a room I would suggest to elderly or people with leg problems. The bed was very big but a little too hard for my boy friends taste but I found it very good. The shower was huge and very nice. The only thing about the apartment I would comment on in a bad way is that the bathroom was very poorly lit and because of it it gives the impression that they are hiding the fact that it is dirty. With a closer look, it didn't seem dirty, but still I would like more light.

They cleaned the rooms every day and gave us new sheets and towels every other day. The apartments come with air condition (thank God) and it is free. Since I am from Norway I really need it to be cool for me to sleep, the only problem with that is that you wake up in the middle of the night almost freezing to death because all you've got to cover yourself with is a thin linen sheet, so if you are anything like me I would suggest bringing something a bit warmer/heavier to cover yourself with (I had to do with my clothes:P)

The internet at the hotel is a joke! you get 15 minutes every day for free, but there is only one user allowed and once you've started you can't use 5 minutes and come back for the 10 minutes later. You can off course pay for more! This really didn't weigh the hotel down, I just thought it was funny. There is a computer in the lobby that has free internet though.

The staff seemed nice enough, maybe a little grumpy when I asked about the boats leaving for the different beaches. He wasn't very helpful and said I would have to go down to the harbor. When I went down to the harbor they had a flyer with different beaches, prices and times. I should think it wouldn't be a problem for the staff to keep one of these flyers at the hotel for guest to read..

It is a nice an quiet hotel with a lot of Scandinavians or nordic people, heck the whole of Parga is covered with scandinavians! I would definitively recommend the hotel and I would probably like to go back there. We also passed by Milos on the way to town and it seemed like a really sweet hotel, and considered that it is very close to Bacoli and you are allowed to use the pool at Bacoli I should think it is a good alternative as well.

A last tip, if you travel to Parga and you want to escape the tourists or the queue walking in the tourist streets I recommend taking all the beautiful back streets. They are so calm at night with beautiful houses to look at. We startet walking to the top the first day and ate us the way down the next days haha. There are so many small, nice restaurants with amazing food in the side streets that are all the more better for people who don't want a norwegian family with five screaming children sitting next to them;P

Also there are several beaches around Parga. Two very close by and two not that far away. The boats can also take you to small beaches with no people but yourself! My favorite beach was Sarakiniko. We had to pay 10 euro per person each way to get there, but it was so worth it! It was not too big and there was almost only Greek people there. It was also more windy which was nice since it was very warm on the days we were there. But you should try out all the beaches and find one that suits you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tromsø
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Vi bodde i topp etasjen, rom og bad av middels kvalitet. Temmelig mørke rom, som virker noe innestengt. Sengen er av type hard. Frokosten er kjedlig, eggehakk, hvitost, en type skinke, litt syltetøy, 3-4 cm tykke loff skiver. Gå heller til en av de mange bakeriene å spis frokost, de er som regel meget bra. Basseng baren var ok, de serverer også helt grei mat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

The location was good, pool excellent and rooms were good enough for us. There are both studios and hotel rooms available. If you choose a hotel room, take it from the second floor or penthouse room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I went to Parga for our honeymoon and stayed at Bacoli Hotel.

The room was very poor.. Small, and very "worn". The bathroom was NOT nice. A tiny Tv.. A fridge. The room would probably be OK for a trip with your friends, but not for a romantic trip.

Nice pool area. OK breakfast..

The city on the othe rhand was GREAT.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Beatiful beaches, beatiful nature, clear waters, lovely pittoresque city, charming harbour with plenty of nice restaurants with affordable prices. Mekka for scubadiving. There are also a lot to choose from if you want to do some sightseeing. Even if there's a lot of tourists you can explore Parga by yourself. The inhabitants of Parga is very friendly and service-minded. The nightlife is OK, but the discos are not for party animals. Mainly bars by the harbour. But these are very nice, modern and trendy.

Hotel Bacoli is a 3 star hotel, within only 5 min walking distance from the harbour, beach and city. The room was nice and clean with a balcony. It has an pool and a poolbar that serves meals and drinks.

The price-level in Parga is a bit high, even for us Norwegians. Some locals told us that the Greec themselves could't afford vacationing in Parga because it is too expensive. Guess it has something to do with euro being the currency. Food and drinks in restautants is ok, at least if you compare to Norwegian prices. But clothes, shoes, shopping etc is cheaper and better at home. A shopping tip is to buy Greec spices and craft, like handmade tableclothes. This way you can enjoy your vacation (or at least the memories)for a long time after you got home :)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bacoli Hotel? Share your experiences!