“Sound of water pump of next door room so loud... Not for relaxing just for pit stop hotel...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pinetree Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pinetree Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Pinetree Hotel
No 36, Jalan Mengkudu, Batu Pahat 83000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Batu Pahat
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The bed are hard... And glass wall for bathroom are really disturbing because the daylight can get through it.... There is no lift for basement parking... Have to use stairs... Unconvenience... And the smell was terible...

• Stayed December 2013

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on last month for 2 nights recommended by one of my friend in BP. What I can say is perhaps this is the best hotel in BP. Nice lobby, clean room, free wifi, good service, friendly staff and manager, they attend to people's complaint immediately. During my stay I went down to the reception to complaint regarding my room aircon was not cold. At first the receptionist was trying to get maintenance staff to repair the aircon but unfortunately maintenance staff was busy and unable to repair immediately. So the manager (I think so because she is standing at the reception area and supervising her staff) asked the staff to changed a new room for me, some more she requested bellboy to help me move all my luggage to the new room. I really appreciate it.
Their breakfast is better than Katerina Hotel, good selection and it is yummy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The truth is we never been to batu pahat but finally we were there. We stayed at the hotel for only 1 night. Overall the hotel is fine with some minor details. The size of the roomis quite ok. I love the hidden wardrobe. But personally I can't stand the bed. The mattress is so hard. Breakfast choice is so so. However the dinner set is quite ok and cheap. We might visit the same hotel if we ever go to batu pahat again

• Stayed September 2013
Kuala Lipis, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel came highly recommended by one of my customers who live in Batu Pahat. I actually stayed in this hotel twice within 3 months. They have a lovely backdrop of pinetree at the reception and checking in was smooth. Parking is ample and service is quite good. What I like most is the cleanliness of the hotel room (which is very important to me)... from the hotel, I can drive everywhere in Batu pahat town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband & I stayed in the deluxe room for a night. I found the room & bathroom to be clean & had no issues with the mattress or water pressure. Breakfast was not too bad. The room was a bit pricey due to the raya holidays, but apparently they do have special rates for government & corporate staff. They also have free wifi in rooms. This is our 2nd time staying in pine tree, the first time being 2 years ago. There are not many hotels to choose from in batu pahat, so I guess I can't really complain too much about pine tree hotel.

Room Tip: We booked a room in the 8th floor, 814
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the Pinetree Hotel about a year ago and described it as a "hot oven".

On a recent trip to Batu Pahat I was reluctant to go back to the Pinetree again. However when I read reviews in Tripadvisor of other hotels in Batu Pahat, I decided to try Pinetree again as it was after all for only one night.

The recent haze helped in making the room less hot as I arrived in the early evening when the sun started to set. I found that the lighting in the room had been changed to a warm yellow instead of the harsh white light. The yellow light gives the room a warm glow and it was quite comfortable especially when the aircon worked and cooled the room rapidly.

What I did not expect was that the bed mattress is so soft that the next morning I woke up with a terrible backache and was in pain for the rest of the week when I sprained my back.

There is no good reason for me to visit Batu Pahat again and to stay in this hotel in future as they don't have non-smoking rooms either.

Room Tip: Check whether the room has a stale cigarette smells as using a freshener does not eliminate the smel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Asked for Corporate rate and was given RM154 nett for a deluxe room inc breakfast for 2.

The room was quite small.
The air cond was not strong enough to cool the room.
Water pressure to the shower is another issue. I had to physically hug the wall while showering

Other than that, it was just OK. Not great but OK

Plenty of parking available. Park in the basement or the space right up front. Don't park at undesignated areas as the local council will issue parking summons.

Ironing clothes only available at ironing rooms on 7th & 11th floor only

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Pinetree Hotel? Share your experiences!