“Don't expect much, Good for short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Classic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muar
Classic Hotel
69, Jalan Ali, Muar 8400, Malaysia   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Muar
Singapore
“Don't expect much, Good for short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Made an early reservation with them through their website for a superior deluxe room, but no reply from them even after one week on whether the room was available. In the end had to call them to check and confirm.

The hotel share the same carpark with Wetex Parade Shopping Centre, once enter into the Shopping Centre carpark, there are signs showing the direction of the hotel. Checking in was a brief, and they provide welcome drink coupons to be consume at their coffee house at level 1.

The superior deluxe room is big with very few furniture, making it looks very empty. Safe was locked when I checked-in but after a call to the reception, the manager came within 10 minutes to resolve it. The room was clean but air-con was not strong. Free Wifi in room.

Overall, I find the hotel to be conveniently located within Muar town and also beside the shopping centre. For a short stay, I will recommend this hotel since this is one of the biggest hotel in Muar but don’t expect a 4-class hotel standard.

For tourist attractions, do try the river cruise at Tanjung Emas Jetty located at the end of Tanjung Emas Park. For coffee, the 434 Sai Kee kopi and I will recommend the A-Class otak-otak.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I was at the Classic Hotel on the 02/01/2011.

The first experience was the receptions, they hardly smile.

The room was warm, we called, and the Engineering guy came up and explained to us that the room was warm due to the pillar which was blocking the air con. ( That's the best of a set up they can have for a standard room I guess).

The bathtub: We actually have to run the water for at least 10 -15 minutes to actually heat the water up?

Swimming pool: The water in the swimming pool was so cold and dirty as there is no filter or whatsoever in the pool. And I have to actually stop my young children from swimming after just about 10 minutes.

And for a RM230+ this is definitely not the kind of hotel that I would want to stay no more.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Was there for a night for the purpose of holding my wedding dinner at a local restaurant. I have been there years ago but again, the big room awed me..

In fact, the rooms are bit too big for 2. There were literally no decorations and one can't help feel a sense of emptiness. The shower wasn't the best designed. Water started to flow out when you bath and no sooner, i ve to frantically kick the water to the drainage before a major flooding occurs.

Can't really complain on the hotel... stay there if you really have to..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I checked in on 7 Aug 2010. The staff throw my luggage on the floor. One of the pot which I brought for prayer purpose gave out a loud sound the lady who carried my luggage did not appologise. When I question her for such reaction she looked blank and still did not appologise. Not able to get an extra bed. No extra bed, No remote control for TV. Chared for mineral water. No LCD panel. The list goes on

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed in a Super Deluxe room. It was a large room with a king sized bed. The bed was very comfortable. Furnishings were excellent. It looked as if it had maybe been refurbished.. Bathroom was large with both bathtub and shower. Astro TV. Free WIFI. Minibar. No complimentary water and was RM4.50 to purchase which is a bit excessive. However, the hotel is right next to a shopping centre. Town itself seems very local with mainly hawker style food and we didn't see any beer anywhere. We ate at the Pizza Hut across the road from the hotel. We only stayed overnight but didn't find much to do in Muar. Breakfast was not included in the price and we did not have breakfast in the hotel so can't comment on quality.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
nilai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Just came back from Muar visiting my daughter at SAMURA and stayed at Hotel Classic for one night. The location is good since just beside the shopping complex WETEX Parade. The room ( superior king ) was big and clean.. I'm very satisfied with the service and cleaniless.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

My family and I stayed one night in Junior Suite. Indeed, it is a nice hotel and clean. I suggest the management should do something about the running tap water in the toilet which was very little water running out from the tap, and Jokey service for the convienience of the hotel guests.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Classic Hotel? Share your experiences!