“Ok I stayed here a while ago but I needed to write this! Best hotel I've ever stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Aeollos

Save Saved
You added Hotel Aeollos to your Saves list
Hotel Aeollos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pefkohori 63085, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Pefkohori
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place is a real home from home. I did indeed stay here a few years back now in 2007 and 2008! But it will was a real gem and a brillant memory hense the fact I still know what to write all these years down the line. I have stayed in 5 star luxury hotels previously but this was the best hotel I've ever stayed at and I am not joking. Themis and Rita give you the most excellent service and my dad and friends (of which we'd met the previous year at Aeollos) spent the days with Themis exploring the island! Unbelievable service and now I'm a bit older I plan to return to Greece's best kept secret. The hotel is wonderful small but just what you want for the friendly atmosphere. Very close to the beach and a massive strip of bars and resturants all very safe! As when I travelled here I was younger in my teens and my parents felt more then safe letting me and friends go out on our own day and night. We had a beautiful big room with enough space for about 8 people! Even though there was only 3 of us! Hotel food also very nice and good value at the time I know the euros changed over time! I felt the need to stress how good this hotel really is and its service is second to none the best customer experience I have ever experienced. This is worth the stay its truely amazing! Watch out Themis and Rita I'm coming back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Spent 2 weeks at the Aeollos in August with the family consisting of myself, wife and 3 young children. We had previously been to Hanoti before having children and wanted to try something different as we tend not to go back to the same place twice. I think this may have changed. The location is perfect simply mins to the beach which is very clean although a little busy, but the water is warm and shallow for children. The hotel is immaculate and the owners and staff cannot do enough for you. The rooms are spotless with lovely self catering facilities and they have recently installed plasma tvs in the rooms (not that you would want to watch tv but for the children was ideal). The resort is lovely with some great restaurants on the sea front but also in the old square. We took a trip to the Aqua park which was enjoyed but there are also other excursions which are available - just need to shop around a little. Pefkohori is very well priced with draft beer (500ml) costing aound 250e (around 2 pounds). Already started to think about booking the place next year and the same room which Themi the owner will no doubt try to accomodate. The hotel's pool is clean and for us the majority of the time empty. There was hardly any English around (good thing or bad thing you decide) but a lot of Serbians who tend to drive from Serbia. We had our reservations it is true to say but they were all lovely and very family oriented. Really hope people read this as this as the others state is a hotel in a resort not to be missed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Weve been here many times before since 2006 till 2012 and it's brilliant everyone who says the hotel is rubbish has lost the mind it's brilliant and right next to the sea the rooms are spotless and the staff are nice the sun beds are comfy and in the sun the pools brilliant and so is the food I recommend you try the Hot Feta if you like spicy foods and feta cheese. All the food is fresh and the new bar they opened in 2012 is just brilliant its also by the sea and its called Madness. rafaela, Rita and Themis daughter is nice and my daughter always playes with her every time we come, we may not be able to come back since Thomas cook have stopped doing flights to get there which is a shame and a VERY big disappointment they do not charge you at ALL. They havE specials on nearly everyday which is delicious. The have karaoke I think and it's very funny and they do a barbecue once a week I recommend that you go it's brilliant. The resteraunts around the town are nice. And if the hotel smells fishy it's the fish resteraunt just down the road that smells. so if you're going to Greece stay here but you have to get a double flight. Please stay here so the owners can keep their hotel it's absolutely amazing

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Guernsey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

So 2nd visit to Aeollos after a fabulous holiday last year (see previous review).
We had to book separate flight and accommodation direct because Thomson in their wisdom have pulled out from Pefkohori.
This meant that there were no British guests while we were there but no matter.
Themi and Rita the owners are as wonderful as ever, they really cannot do enough for you.
The staff at the hotel and at Madness bar (also owned by Themi and Rita) are just wonderful.
The quality of service is superb but more than that, their happy smiles, sense of fun and friendliness just make everything special. Ioanna, Sandra, Sandy, Rafaella and the other young lady who's name escapes me, thank you all so much.
I could go on and on.
Thomson, you really should go back to Pefkohori and get Aeollos back on your list. It is an absolute gem and you are missing out because many people want to go back as we did.
That aside it really is worth the effort to go, I promise.
If you fly with Thomson you can book their coach transfer (25euros each return) to Hanioti which is only 3 or 4 kilometers from Pefkohori and get a taxi from there.
I repeat the title of my previous review "JUST GO !!!!!!!!!"

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We visited Pefkohori in the off-season as part of a mini-honeymoon. My husband has been to Chalkadiki many times in the summer, so we were quite surprised it was nearly impossible to find a place to stay in April in this part of Greece. We stopped by nearly 15 hotels on the Kassandra peninsula which were closed before being pointed in the direction of this gem. The owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and were quite helpful during our stay. They have a great English book collection to read while you are staying and the pool area looks fantastic (although was too cold to visit while we were there). The apartments are only a 2 minute walk from the beach and central boardwalk area, which is very convenient if you are looking for a relaxing holiday stay.

If you are looking for a place to stay while in Pefkohori, this place should be your first stop!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

The Aeollos is a fantastic find. Themis and Rita cannot do enough for their guests and are happy to sit and chat with you. We were hiring a car and Themis put little dots on our map of places that he recommended we visit and he did not disappoint (local knowledge is always better than a guide book). One bedroomed apartments were fully booked so we had a studio for us and our daughter (then 12 years old) which turned out to be more than adequate for our stay. It was clean and comfortable and as I'm a total rat-bag if it's too hot at night we opted to pay for the air conditioning after a couple of nights sweating in the August heat.

Word to the wise, Themis' cooking is amazing! We didn't really discover this until the last couple of days of our holiday, Themis used to run several restaurants. The food on the normal menu is very good but Themis does a different special every evening. Beef stifado was to die for, he prepares it in the morning and slow cooks it throughout the day and it is ready in the evening. There is also a pool bbq once a week which is a good way of getting to know the family and other guests. Our daughter is a veggie but eats fish (so if you're a purist, she is actually a pescetarian) but that was no problem as Themis and Rita prepared her a special dish of roasted veg and fish instead and she loved it.

We met a lot of people who had returned to Aeollos again and again and I can see why. The only reason we haven't been back yet is because we like to go to somewhere different every year. We went with Thomas Cook but believe that you have to book direct this year. If however we return to Pefkohori we would not hesitate to revisit Aeollos.

Stayed here in August 2010 for 2 weeks. The drop-down box for travel date doesn't go down that far- sorry for the late review!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have been going to Pefkohori for 20 years (since i was 16) and decided this year it was time to take my 2 and a half year old daughter. Knowing the place like the back of my hand i felt completely safe to take her with no concerns. Over the last few visits we have done the trips independantly as most of the British tour operators seem to be pulling out of Halkidiki once more which is a shame because i think it is the most fantatsic place to have a holiday. Anyway we phoned Themi at the Aelleos and booked an apartment. Got flights from Stanstead with Ryan air and hired a car from Thessaloniki all for around a £1000 for the 3 of us. We had no troubles with any of the journmey and when we arrived in Pefkohori at the Aelleos we were welcomed with a nice cool drink and a lovely hot meal. Our apartment was room 221 which is accessed from the restaurant so we could have a drink on the balcony at night and our daughter was asleepin the patio dors nect to us so we were completely safe and on hand if she needed us. The rooms have all recently been refurbished and it woas lovely and fresh and clean. Large flat screen tv on the wall if that is what you want(we never even turned it on) Aircon and kitchenette (not like the normal ones as it had a kettle fridge and toaster). Again we ate out every night in various restaurants as we did not want to confine ourselves to the hotel. We did however have breakfats there evry morning which was lovely. A lot of British tourist had the Barbeque and Sunday roast which the Aelleos is famous for. The hotel is lieterally 30 seconds from the beach which makes it the perfect location. Doubled up with the fantstastic owners Themi and Rita (and of course Gerri behind the bar) it made our stay amazing. Can't wait to go again would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 221 for Families