2nd time here. Same perfect weather. No lineup for check in. Many of the same staff and the definitely the same friendly attitude. Fifteen hundred block was at the beach and had a great breeze and privacy to the porches/balconies.
One change was the flute and cello duo at the piano bar. Lots of interesting versions of familiar tunes by two talented musicians.
A great time talking to and being attended to by Vivian, Cary and Jorge Luis at the beach bar and Ernesto at the Buffet. If you don't know what jamon serrano is, think prosciutto but less salty. Stone crab claws, swordfish, tuna and red snapper were all good. Also got to put the tennis court to use. The net and court were in good condition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the All Inclusive 4-star Sol Cayo Santa Maria hotel (300 rooms). Ideal for simply relaxing or for exploring the clear ocean bottom and neighboring keys that surround this marvelous Cuban tourist destination. Enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your family, all included. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Sol Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Maria Santa Sol
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Cayo Santa Maria Sol