“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort
You added Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Caibarien Villa Clara, Cuba   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cayo Santa Maria
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The people were awesome, the pool was awesome, the beach was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the food. I only ate the pasta and the rice which was made right infront of you. Oh and the coffee was amazing.

• Stayed September 2013
JUAN CARLOS L, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest ,
First of all Thanks for your Review . You have used three times the word awesome and once word amazing , so , I think you have had a very good Holidays amnog us , and we hope to see you again in the next future , it will be even better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,540)
  • Polish first
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our family enjoyed the luxury resort from Sept 3 - 10 with many activities and great staff to accommodate our stay. My granddaughter came with us and enjoyed the relaxing pool and beautiful beach although the sun/heat was a little difficult for her to get used to. She became upset at night as I expected the heat was too much but the staff tried and assisted us with making her comfortable. My three teenagers enjoyed the great food, drinks, entertainment, friends they have met and accommodations (bungalow 39, baby's room # 40 overlooking the pool was amazing view day and night. It is unfortunate that there is limited internet and very expensive. It was a wonderful time of year to visit the resort as it was not too busy and the buffets were not over crowded. Its unfortunate our cleaning staff were not overly friendly as the weekend cleaning staff, although they did do a thorough job cleaning the rooms, but we enjoyed having the towel creations made by the weekend staff. The entertainment staff and pool side bar staff were amazing. As well we enjoyed playing pool and my son enjoyed playing basketball with the staff. It was also wonderful to have the market right on the resort. We had lots to do and kept busy with things around the resort. My son and I enjoyed the speedboat excursion and was wonderful staff, it was an experience we will never forget, Thanks Memories Paraiso Staff for all you do!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are nice with viewing the activity of the day and the beautiful view of the pool...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JUAN CARLOS L, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest ,
First of all thanks for your Review . Do not doubt we will continue doing our best to the end you get an outsatnding Holydays each time you come to Memories , be Paraiso-Azul be any other , it is our prime aim.
We hope to see all Family soon again !!
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was there just one week ( Sept.11-Sept.18 2013) with my family and that was a big mistake. It was too short. Next time we are going for two weeks. I don't think I should write anything else.
Everything was very good starting from beginning. We got keys and room numbers with resort map of " Memories" at airport. We could eat as soon as we came even it was late, we came there after 10 p.m.
We just arrived but we did not have any problems finding building and our room. We were in building 33 which is really great location, close to everything.
Food was great, plenty of everything, and beautiful decorated. Room was beautiful, beach more than beautiful. Staff and service were excellent.
My 5 years old girl is fascinated with Kid's Club where she had many friends and fun. I did not think about it before but that is great idea for little ones, so they can have a fun too.

Dear Guest ,
First of all thanks for your Review . The mistake you talk about has an easy fix next time , we will be here waiting for you ready to deliver our best.
We hope to see all famili very soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went to this resort from from September 4 to September 18 and loved it SO much am going back for another 2 weeks on September 25. I had a nice quiet room in building 37 and John tended to my room daily and always had new towel art daily. I especially enjoyed the aqua exercises at noon. All of the staff were great from when I first arrived and the baggage handler came in and explained the electricity card, air conditioning, keeping finger on the toilet button until it is finished, and the door card. Elbis does Spanish lessons, you just need to let him know you are interested and show up at the designated time. At the bar I met Danny who makes great special coffees - just awesome!! Leo at the poolside always went out of his way to be helpful. Beatrice does such a great job cleaning all around. All of the waiters were so great, I loved them all. Reimer, Lester, and Yanetsky who all went out of their way. I am hoping that Yanetsky may be able to use the computer to email me? I think it is a great resort for families and also for older people who are trying to improve their health. I think the good healthy food, fresh air, climate and exercise really helps. For those who have trouble walking there is no problem as the golf carts are constantly running. I try and eat healthy. I always had orange juice or a yogurt drink and fresh fruit for breakfast. For lunch and dinner I usually had fresh cooked vegetables and a delicious fish. The desserts are awesome, including egg custard squares, bananas flambe, delicious rice pudding. There was a nice coconut sauce. They had several rice dishes including white, red, black and yellow. Black beans!!! (so good for you) They will cook up prawns right in front of you. I ate at the buffet every day and did not go to the a la carte. I was impressed to see the shampoo and body wash were natural, which is not common to many hotels. I take my own Dr Bronners with me because of this. There are several pools which makes it a great all around resort for those who like quiet and for those who like pool activities. There is a nice theatre and good entertainment there after dinner. I cant wait to go back on Wednesday

Room Tip: I had a terrace room in building 37. It was nice and quiet and looked out to the landscaping so fe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest ,
First of all thanks for your Review . I am answering your Review on Setember 26th , so I have already had the pleasure of greeting and talking to you again yesterday , but anyway
I would like to say you again how happy we feel for having you among us once again and beyond doubt we will try to kake you to feel easy more than ever.
Guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our family and friends love coming back every year, it has become our place to go. The staff are lovely and remember us year after year, with a wonderful welcome! We were impressed with the food as there is always something to find and come away full and happy until the next meal. They want to make sure you are happy. Only thing I will say is it would be nice to have the towels and sheets changed and clean in the rooms, will not say which rooms or building because I don't want anyone to get in trouble, just a small thing. I truly do love coming back every year and we manage to bring someone new with us each time. Next year we will be back with more family and friends.

Dear Guest ,
First of all thanks for your Review . One more year we have been delighted of helping you and your Family & Friends to get a nice Holidays and serve you as good as possible.
We will work hard so that your next Vacations be even better , and any small nuisance vanishes.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at Memories Paraiso Azul Sept 10-17. Our first time to Cuba in about 6 or 7 years. Everything about this resort was well above our expectations. Food was good and plentiful, lots of variety. Service was excellent, lots of smiles and friendly greetings and very quick service. The resort was very clean and well kept. Stayed in building 34 and everything was only minutes away.. Beach was clean and inviting, beautiful inviting aqua/green calm water. Great service for drinks and food on the beach, also. Special thanks to Yenier at the customer service desk and to Daily our diamond club concierge. Both were outstanding in their service and helpful advice. It is because of them, that we will definitely return to this hotel Thanks to both of you for everything. This hotel is a jewel.
Bill & Marilynne Adair

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dears Bill & Marilynne ,
First of all thanks a lot for your Review . Definitely you have got make my Day happier with your Review , and also , I am pretty sure , to Yanier and Daily .
Is very rewarding to read a Review like yours because it means that We got it !!
We hope to have the chance of seeing and greeting you very soon again.
If any question would arise , please , do not hesitate to contact me , at : director.paraiso@memoriesparaisoazul.co.cu
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We arrived as scheduled with Sunwing. The flight was excellent nothing to complain about.
When we went to our bus we were greeted with a envelope and our hotel tickets (I give this a 10)
I was also very happy to have the Memories enterntainment team greet with us with their theme song when we got off the bus - this was a very nice way to welcome everyone there.

The resort was very big and clean - the food was ok and you had a lot to choose from so you would never go hungry. We ate at all of the al-la-cartes as we were there for two weeks - The Mediterrian was our least favourite as we did not like the selection of the food but they had excellent service.
We also ate at the Plaza and really enjoyed their Seafood and Japanese Restaurants. There is a small charge to eat at the Plaza Restaurants but I felt the fee was very reasonable.
My main complaint was with some staff - 4 different staff members from different sections of the hotel asking us if we had anything to donate for them and their families. As much as I liked the staff this made me feel very uncomfortable and as if some of them were giving us were being nice so they can get the items - please note that this was after giving them tips. We did leave some items for them but felt more pressured to do this.
I was especially pleased with the Children's Club as they would even ask our kids if they would join them and what some of the highlights of the day were. This made my kids want to go even more and allowed us enjoy our holiday knowing that our children were in safe hands. they were having a lot of fun especially with being on stage as pirates.
This was a very good resort where we found a excellent value for what we paid and would recommend it as excellent resort to relax and have a many Happy Memories.

Room Tip: We received the 41 building which was nice and close to the Market but felt that there was too much...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JUAN CARLOS L, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest ,
First of all thanks for your Review . I am very glad all Family are got an outstanding Holidays and I will convey your congratulations to our Kids Club , really they love Children .
I am not oblivious that we have some petty inconveniences as that you have quoted , but be sure we are working harsh to erase .
I hope see you soon again Family , next time will be even better.

Been to Memories Paraiso Azul Beach Resort? Share your experiences!