“Nice motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Blue Bay Motel
You added Blue Bay Motel to your Saves list
32 Bay st, Tobermory, Ontario N0H 2R0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tobermory
Sudbury, Canada
“Nice motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Although we haven't stayed in a motel for years, this one was very nice and with a good location right on the harbour with restaurants and shops closeby. Room was clean and comfortable...did not have AC but didn't need it since it was cool outside..we slept with the ceiling fan on...had it been hot outside, it would have been another story!...Staff was very friendly and helpful..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My spouse and I made a 'split second' decision to head to Tobermory for the Monday night of the long weekend (Aug. 5). I called Blue Bay Motel on Friday and was able to book Room 9 on the second floor (king size bed). I asked about a possible early check-in as we only had the one day/night and was told they would do their best.

Long story short...Kelly and her staff made it happen!! Our room was ready for a noon check-in and was absolutely perfect!! Clean, spacious, amazing view and very comfortable!!

If you want to be where 'the action is'...this is the place!! The harbour is 'right here' close, surrounded by plenty of places to shop, eat (yummy pizza place next door) and be entertained!! For those who like to enjoy a drink or two...the LCBO is just off the motel parking lot!! We were able to walk to so many attractions, including the Chi-Cheemaun (15 minute leisurely walk).

As for a good night's sleep...that's easy!! The king size bed was super comfy and the town becomes quiet between 10 and 11 pm. Perfection!!

Thank you Kelly and staff...hope to see you again soon!! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight on a motorcycle tour of Georgian Bay. Nice central location and able to keep the bikes in view. Easy walk to restaurants for dinner. Across the street from the bay. LCBO next door will appeal to some. Rooms are nice for this sort of trip. Will stay here again when I come up to do more Bruce Peninsula touring. Price high for the room I thought, paying extra for location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at the motel, although the location is great, the motel is in dire need of upgrading. Room was very small and dark. No air conditioning, except for a small plastic fan in the window. The bathroom was also small with very old towels and facecloths. We paid $150 for a room that I would rate as a two-star facility.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spent three days in the Blue Bay and loved it! We stayed in room 0 which I would highly recommend because of the addition outdoor seating area - we were able to pick up amazing fresh whitefish then eat outside in our lovely Adirondack chairs and watch the action in the Barbour! We are a family of five and even with the addition cot in our room it was a nice room!
Staff was friendly and amazing - there is no air conditioning so I was glad I had brought a fan. Location is perfect and we were able to walk everywhere for the three days! They even have a microwave you can use in the lobby! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 0 was amazing - gave kids room to move around outside!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
InnkeeperK, Innkeeper at Blue Bay Motel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your story. Bringing your own fan; what a great tip for fellow travelers! We choose to use window and ceiling fans as an environmentally friendly way to keep our guests cool as temperatures stay lower here then in the city negating the need for A/C. Bringing your own fan is a great way to keep the cool breeze we get off Georgian Bay, and the even cooler night air, moving in your room. Check our handy weather camera and weather report on our home page before heading our way to help you plan what to bring. We look forward to seeing you again!
Hanover, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived and the lady at the front desk was very friendly, but the room was not very welcoming, thankfully we only stayed one night. The bathroom was very old and hard to tell if it was clean, our front door had a gap in it when it was closed easy for bugs to get it, our room was very dark and our back window looked into another building which is a pizza place who have camp fires all day so needless to day our room was filled with smoke, not good for allergy suffers like ourselves. The building looks nice from the outside. For the price we paid I was not impressed with the room. We were on the main floor so there was really no view when we sat out at night of the harbour unless you turned your head, otherwise we starred into the parking lot and the wall of the liquor store.......safe to say we will not be going back!

Room Tip: I would recommend if anyone stay to ask for an upper level room as they get a better view and I thin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
InnkeeperK, Innkeeper at Blue Bay Motel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you! Your remarks help other guests better plan their stay. Guests appreciate our neighbor’s proximity when it comes to his delicious wood fired pizza and we hope you took the time to enjoy it while expressing your concerns regarding his operations. We recommend that those with allergies request one of our many renovated rooms, where they are less likely to be bothered by the activities of nearby businesses. All our rooms are spotlessly clean and our retro sheik rooms with their new mattresses and fixtures continue to be requested. Improvements and renovations are ongoing bringing city modern to cottage country. We invite you to return soon and see the wonderful changes for yourself.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were fine, clean and location great, staff very polite but there is no AC in these rooms (we came during a very hot stretch) and the pitiful window fan didn't do much except blow in some dirt and moths. There were only 2 extra fans they had to offer (which were scooped up long before I asked!) So myself and my 2 young boys had to sweat it out in the sauna! For the price I paid ($150) I wish I would have been advised about this situation and I certainly would have made other arrangements! I hate to post a negative comment but wish someone else would have posted this before I booked!

• Stayed July 2013
InnkeeperK, Innkeeper at Blue Bay Motel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the account of your recent stay. We like to keep our guests well informed and your candid remarks help us improve. You are not the first to note on this forum that we do not have air conditioning, a luxury still rarely requested in our beautiful lakeside village. We appreciate your statement... ' I hate to post a negative comment'... indicating, along with your other remarks, that had it not been for the heat wave currently being experienced in most of Ontario, your stay would have been most enjoyable. We do find it disheartening that you choose to grossly misrepresent the amount you paid for your stay in your comments. We invite you to visit us again in the spring or fall when the weather is more likely to be to your satisfaction.

Been to Blue Bay Motel? Share your experiences!