“A good Clean motel with + features” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peacock Villa Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tobermory
Peacock Villa Motel
You added Peacock Villa Motel to your Saves list
30 Legion St. | Box 331, Tobermory, Ontario N0H 2R0 , Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Tobermory
London ontario
“A good Clean motel with + features”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The motel can not be seen from highway #6 but is ereached either from Legion St or a long alley from the highway. it consists of several housekeeping cabins a fovorite with scuba diving groups and families and also 12 motel units.The units have been all recently upgraded with wood laminate floors and a fresh coat of paint. The walls are thin so noise from adjoining units can be a negative ie baby crying. The units were very clran and the double beds very comfortable. the air conditioning consisted of a very quiet fan in the real window but the room was comfortable without much use. The bathrooms thought not spacious served the purpose nicely. A bar fridge and a community propane bbq provided a good chance for a cookout to cut meal expenses. Overall though this motel cabin complex is over 4o years old it provides reasonable accomadation

Room Tip: If you are traveling single there are 3 single unit rooms available at a very good price mid week bu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently returned from a 3 week holiday in Canada, this was our first visit. The 4 nights we spent in Tobermory were an absolute highlight and this was due, in no small part, to our hosts Karen and Scott and their staff who went out of their way to make our stay memorable. They could not have been more helpful or welcoming and we are very grateful to them for their generosity.
Tobermory is a gorgeous lakeside village which anyone who loves beautiful scenery, the outdoors and/or water sports will fall in love with. The cabins are literally a 2 minute walk from the harbour yet because they are off the road you don't get traffic noise. The cabin was clean and cosy, we knew from the website that it would be quite small but it had everything we needed and was more than adequate for our needs (if you are bringing lots of clothes or are having a longer stay you might want to consider one of the bigger cabins). Given that we experienced 5 different accommodations during our trip, the cabin offered good value for money. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Peacock Villas to friends and family. We hope to be lucky enough to return in the future!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins - it was clean, cozy and a quick 90-second walk downtown for my morning coffee. New mattresses were firm and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guelph Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

July is a busy time in Tobermory so I was please to get a room at a reasonable rate for two nights at the Peacock, which is a short walk from the harbour and dinner and breakfast spots. Since I was arriving late they told me my room number would be on a board outside the office and my key would be in the room. And so it was. One thing I missed was a coffee maker in the room, but other than that the room and the service served my needs well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay in one of the motel rooms. I was in Tobermory for diving, and this location was fantastic! Walking to the dive shop took about 1.5 minutes! The motel itself was great. The room was very clean and cozy, with comfortable beds. My friend and I made excellent use of the propane BBQ that was available to motel guests at no extra cost.

I guess I was lucky, as I got a hold of someone to take my reservation the first time I called. My friend, however, had left a couple of messages to no avail. What was really nice was that the guy whom I had spoken to made a note on my booking to have someone call me if a cabin became available for my reqired dates........and someone actually called me! (The dates they were offering didn't match my travel requirements, but it was great that the call was made anyway.)

No major issues with this stay at all. Staff were helpful and my friend and I were even able to use the owners' clothes drying line to hang our scuba gear. I just wish the check-out time was a little more flexible...10:30 isn't bad, but after a weekend of early morning dives, a nice sleep-in would have been great. Oh, and maybe a kettle.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Not the most luxurious place to stay but it's convenient to downtown and the rates are reasonable. The rooms are clean, free wifi and the staff is great. There is a reason this place books up fast to make reservations early for summer. A great place to stay for divers and those on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We recently stayed in one of their cabins, picking it based upon what we were able to learn online.

I have to say I had exactly the same experience with the reservation process described below. It was very difficult and unnecessarily so. The owner's position that it's OK to e-mail a credit card number, even split into two e-mails, baffles me. After a multi-week back and forth via e-mail (slow responses in the off season), I ended up sending good old snail mail with my card number to the winter address offered to me.

The cabins are clean and in very good shape. Most are also very *very* cosy, with doorways on which you'll whack your head if you are taller than about 5'8". The minimalist kitchen in our unit had a good assortment of pots, pans, plates, cups, and utensils, so you really won't need to bring anything in that vein. The outside picnic table was very solid and in excellent shape and the BBQ worked well. The bathroom is very cramped, with your feet in the shower when sitting on the toilet. There was, however, a nice set of shelves. All linens were provided and were very clean. The cabins are right next to one another and site right on the drive off Hwy 6, so there isnt a lot of privacy when the other units are in use. We were repeatedly subjected to the cloud of cigarette smoke from one neighbor when outside. From what I could see, cabin 9, with the two double beds, was by far the most spacious. The others are very tight and tiny.

They say there is a WiFi network, but I got it to work about 10% of the time. It was generally either too weak to connect to, or connected and refused to pass any data. Don't count on using it.

The owner was chatty and helpful once we were there and directed us to a nearby nondescript unlabeled cinder-block building (known locally as 'Mermaid Secret') where we bought fresh whitefish fillets to grill up for dinner at an excellent price. The other staff was also very pleasant and helpful on site.

Little Tub Harbor is literally across the street from the entrance off Hwy 6 and anything you'd want to visit was within easy walking distance - shops, well-stocked grocery, restaurants, ice cream shop, ferries, etc.

In summary, be patient and persistent if you want to make a reservation during their off season. They don't make it easy. Be prepared to duck if you're over 5'8" in one of the cabins or bring a good helmet. Expect to spend your time outside, as the cabins really don't provide any space to relax and spread out. Adjust your expectations to a more rustic low-privacy situation and you'll have a very nice visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Peacock Villa Motel? Share your experiences!