“never tasted food this bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Tobermory
Cuisines: Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“never tasted food this bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

had the fish and chips and the only thing good was the chips. not sure if we got fish that was sitting out all day but all four of us hated it and sworn to never return to the crowsnest pub. I ended up waking up at 4:30 a.m throwing up nothing but fish. would never recommend this place to anyone. try cragies or shipwreck lee's

you would think with all the people that come through tobermory this restaurant would have a lot better!

try at your own risk

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toronto
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Disappointed with the food!! Food poisioning from the fish

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
NB
“Crowded and noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

For a pub it served well, but therefor the waitresses were very disted by the other young people hanging around, getting waisted while we were waiting -a long time- for our diner. We had a table for two, but the noise was so loud we could barely hear eachother.
The fries and shrimps that I ordered were very greasy, and the beer expensive. My boyfriends bbq potato was still raw and the fish dissapointing.
Almost everything on the menu was fried.
I can imagine young people/teens love it over here, but I don't find it a good match with the nice and calm vibes of Tobermory.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ont
“Tobermory, the best place to visit in the North”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

Have had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Crownest, at different times, for many,many years. The best fish and chips in town ( Craigies is good too !) Love the view from the upstairs porch ( if you are lucky enough to get a seat up top in the summer ) you can sit and enjoy the scenery , and all the hustle and bustle of the tourists, and local people. The crowsnest is for sale, and If i had the money, I would for sure buy it in a heartbeat. Then i would be able to live in one of my favorite places that ive loved since i was oh, so little. And be able to see and spend more time with my parents, and lots of other relaives, who live in Tobermory.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Penetang
“Best Whitefish I ever Tasted!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I am not a big fish eater, in fact I eat it grudgingly only a couple of times through the year. But this bustling little pub had the most awesome whitefish that I have ever had. And the best fries in the world - they are to die for. Who knew such a simple meal as fish and chips could taste so good!

My kids also said that they had the best chicken fingers that they had ever tasted.

Worth a trip back to this wondrful little port!