“Terrible breakfast for the price” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Tobermory
Cuisines: Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sarnia, Ontario
“Terrible breakfast for the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We ate here a in august of 2010, and the breakfast was terrible, slow service, and when we got are order it had two eggs, bacon and hash browns, the eggs were so small and not cooked properly, then the toast that came with it was so huge it was falling of the plate, something cheap just to fill you up I guess, seriously I never seen eggs that small before, the bacon was okay but the hash browns were under cooked. My girlfriend wanted the eggs scrambled but since it didn't come with the breakfast combo we had to pay extra just for the silly eggs to be scrambled I think it was like an extra 3 or 4 bucks. Come on how hard is it to scramble the eggs, you think that would be part of the meal like all the restaurants out their, they always ask you how you want your eggs done! As far as I'm concerned. Then the girl at the cash register was snobby when she asked them to be scrambled like it was such a big deal. What a joke. It's like the cooks of the place got confused when asked for scrambled. We will never pay like 30 bucks for two
adults and one child again with service like that. Especially something that's not served by a waitress. I recommend staying far away from this place in the morning. I don't know what the lunch or dinner service is like but it can't be much better with that kind of attitude. I just call it plain laziness, for a high price.

• Visited August 2010
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Pub has burned down.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

The Crows Nest burned on Nov 26 2010. It appears the owners will rebuild. Unsure if it will be open for the 2011 season.
Contrary to some of these other reviews, I've never had a problem at the Crows Nest with either the food nor the service. It seems I'm the only one that understands that this is both a tourist area ( expect crowds or don't go) and that the Crows nest operated one of the few food and beverage business's in the entire area.
When it's rebuilt, I will be enjoying the patio once again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Akron, Ohio
“Great Fish when we visited”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The reviews for this place seem to vary from Great to Abymsal.

Personally, I had a very nice experience there. Had dinner there on both nights, the fish and chips one night and the baked Whitefish the following. They use the whitefish to make the fish and chips and that was hands down the best Fish and Chips I've ever had, the fish was real fresh. Please don't take that as hyperbole. I grew up on the shore in New England and never had fish and chips anywhere that good before! I was resigned to the fact that the fish in "Fish and Chips" was supposed to suck. :^D

I had the Whitefish the following day and it was just as wonderful. Soft, well cooked, delicious. My wife had similar experiences. The portions are plentiful. You should feel quite full after eating a meal.

The food pricing is middle of the road and what I believe is typical for most places in Tobermory. You can dine outside or inside. The inside is nice. The outside is either on a deck with a decent view of Little Tub Harbour or at ground level, with a better view of the Harbour, but with people walking by. The eatery is located to the northwest side of Little Tub Harbour.

It was crowded there and the service seems to be rushing all over to take care of the customers. I wouldn't say we had the greatest service, but I didn't feel neglected either. If we needed something, it was provided.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible service, disappointing food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Went there for dinner, the food took forever to arrive and then we were given the wrong order, she took it back right away and told us she'd forgotten to put our order in. Over an hour later we finally got our food and it was not worth the wait. Went back the second night thinking it couldn't be that bad again and it was. The waitress was better but we again waited a long time for our food and only my boyfriend's came out as she informed me they "just ran out of the soup" that I'd ordered 45 minutes earlier. We split his chicken fingers/fries since we weren't about to wait any longer.

the fish and chips place down the street was absolutely incredible though - skip the crowsnest and have all your meals at the fish and chips place.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“never tasted food this bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

had the fish and chips and the only thing good was the chips. not sure if we got fish that was sitting out all day but all four of us hated it and sworn to never return to the crowsnest pub. I ended up waking up at 4:30 a.m throwing up nothing but fish. would never recommend this place to anyone. try cragies or shipwreck lee's

you would think with all the people that come through tobermory this restaurant would have a lot better!

try at your own risk