“Great value superior ownership and super clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Cedar Vista Motel
7370 Hwy 6, Tobermory, Ontario N0H 2R0, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Tobermory
london ontario
“Great value superior ownership and super clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Definitely recommend for value and cleanliness and fantastic owners who are not only helpful but also super nice people. Very nice to meet you both Lynn and Kevin. Hola! :)

• Stayed August 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Markham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Owner was very helpful and informative taking his time explaining to us about the town, where and when to take the ferry and boat to Flowerpot Island. He was really honest saying that he didn't like surprises when I told him that one more occupant than I expected accompanied us on the trip but still accommodated us to the room. I just had to make do on sleeping on the chairs as neither the motel and I had a stowaway bed that night, which was totally my fault.

As for convenience, Tobermory is a small town and almost everything is within biking, if not walking distance. This motel is even better, it takes less than five minutes for a fast walker to walk to the main attractions of restaurants, shops, and ports/ferries.

Overall, I felt that the motel was clean and neat but my picky wife and kid felt that the shower stall and carpet weren't. Air conditioning was adequate, bed was comfortable enough (just my guess since I spent the night sleeping on two chairs). Just one thing though, the Internet connection was so weak since our room was situated near the end of the row of rooms that I couldn't connect to it until I went outside and sat near the office.

All in all, I would recommend this motel to anyone who doesn't have ablutomania.

Room Tip: Book from home well in advance or might be faced with NO VACANCY signs everywhere in Tobermory!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

3 friends needed a place to stay for a long weekend in Tobermory. We got a housekeeping unit at Ceder Vista Motel and loved it. The room was simple, clean and very convenient. We made good use of the kitchen and fridge. Kevin was wonderful and helped make our weekend that much better. We would all stay there again, and recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: A housekeeping unit comes with a kitchen. They even have ice already made in the fridge!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The wife and I found the place we were looking for. A very quaint, nice and quiet motel. There are so many pluses, forget the BIG BOYS--this is on hand husband and wife at your leisure. Kevin and his wife are 5 star people [also great breakfast place in town] that are your new friends. You wanna dive and kick back ?. This is HOME. What we paid for 2 nights was a one night price 100 yards away. Tobermory and Kevin, we thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Simple, well maintained, clean, quiet, and affordable -- that's all we ever want from a place to stay. Kevin & Lynn are great folks, they've got it figured out, and we keep coming back. It's not rocket science, but it's surprising how many other places, Tobermory and elsewhere, just don't have it figured out.

The other positive reviews here are bang-on and the details are accurate, so no need to repeat them. Cedar Vista is a great value for the money. In Tobermory you can likely pay more elsewhere and get less.

For us, the weekends here are about the hiking and swimming, and maybe next summer -- scuba diving. But there's lots more here, and a great place to stay ensures that we're well rested and enjoy every moment.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I read the reviews and choose this motel but found out it is just ok.
Maybe I expected too much for around $100/ night in Tobermory.

The room is not as clean as other reviews.
There are some spiders in the bathroom( small black ones)
The bathroom is a little bit smelly.
The bed is not as clean as other hotels I have ever been, but still acceptable( Anyway We put our own bedspread on )
There is a patch board on the wall, which was broken .The wires are explored. They just use a disposable Plate to cover. It's not safe expcially for people who have children with them.

Rather than those, other things are ok.

One thing I could not understand is :

In the morning, the manager knock our door very, very heavily around 10:30 am and tell us the check out time is 11:00 am( He could tell us that when we checked in) . We were shocked, and I dont think that is very polite( Maybe I am too sensitive) Then My husband went to the front desk to pay. I continued packing our stuffs.

Then the manager came to knock our door other two times to tell us if we would not leave as soon as possible before 11:00 am, he will chagre us for another day.

We left the motel before11:00 am .

I dont understand why the manager tried to kick us out before the check out time and there were nobody waiting for our room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

The model us pretty average, except for the bed that is really comfortable and clean. The moquette smells a bit and the decor is pretty old. I would have been excited if it had costed at least minus 20%. I think the price was too high for the quality of the stay.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Cedar Vista Motel? Share your experiences!