“nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Bella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Christiana
Hotel Villa Bella
Save Saved
You added Hotel Villa Bella to your Saves list
P.O Box 473, Christiana, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Christiana
Kingston, Jamaica
“nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stood one night at the Villa Bella.
It was not so easy to find the place, cuase there were no signs. But when we finally found it, we had good time there! We had a very good dinner and breakfast. The room was really nice and we had a calm night, which seams to be not usual in Jamaica.
And before we left, we got some advices for our tour. There are so kind people!
So when ever you have the opportunity to stay at Villa Bella. Do it!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotel Villa Bella due to Christiana's close proximity to the Cockpit Country. The hotel is an old, charming building with many of the original decor, but the service was the highlight of our experience. We loved sitting on the patio enjoying tea or coffee and the meals were delicious. It was nice after a long day hiking, etc. to return to the quiet of this quaint hotel on the hill and decompress. The staff was very accommodating, even fixing us breakfast on an early morning. It truly felt like we were staying with a friend, not in a hotel.

Room Tip: We chose a room upstairs in the back of the hotel for the view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandeville, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I came to Villa Bella seeking peace, comfort, beauty and a certain level of luxury. I was not disappointed. The welcome was warm and genuine. I was completely won over by the flower on the tray, which held my welcoming pot of coffee.

My room, in the main house, was light and airy and very clean, with a superb long-distance view. The hotel's elevartion and its location. at the top of a small hill, meant that the room was pleasantly cool, ideal for sleep.

I appreciated the choice of fabrics, around the hotel, from the crisp white cotton of my bed-sheets to the quality and colours of the table napkins. I also admired the sturdy but elegant coffee pots and the arresting art work on the walls. The Villa Bella feels as though someone really cares about it and how it looks.

The all-female staff was genuine and friendly and concerned that I had what I needed, without being too obtrusive. .

Overall, my stay was great value and a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed in this charming hotel in December 2010. It's very quiet, very clean, and after a day, I felt like I was visiting a relative (grandmother maybe) - it just has this "homey" atmosphere. The staff catered to my every whim and I was allowed to order off the menu - "just tell us what you want eat and we'll prepare it."

Rooms are cleaned every morning - you just have to leave your keys at the front desk. It gets quite chilly in the evenings/morning which made me appreciate the hot showers even more.

Did I mention that the owner has one of the sharpest minds I've ever encountered and that she'll go out of her way to cater to her guests? Well she does and she did.

I left feeling very relaxed and rejuvenated.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Not sure whether Penn 1956 commented on the same little VillaBella Hotel in Christiana that I have been staying at for the past year or more . Even in its down days, when I stayed there in 2004, the comment would not have matched VillaBella.
Dirty ? Cockroaches ? ? No way !
This is a quaint little old world hotel, nestled in a well kept garden with views of Jamaica's beautiful countryside. It is a quiet, simple hotel, but with a touch of old world elegance befitting its owner / manager. Staff are oh so helpful and courteous, and I look forward to tasty meals, tastefully presented , as i absorb the special ambiance on its cool and airy verandah .
VillaBella is for niche tourism: relaxation, good food, possibly romance, a great spot for venturing out to Jamaica's beautiful countryside.
Definitely not for nightlife, casinos, and beachlovers !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

The meals was excellent,My Aunt, her husband and I enjoy the service and the Delicious Pork Chops, Pumpkin soup,pepperpot and Jerk Chicken.We are Looking Forward to coming back.
I will recommend the Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

bread and breakfast and should not be called a hotel.Was attacked by cockroach.room was dirty,bathroom was small no mirrior in room.Would not stay again. :(

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Christiana hotels

Been to Hotel Villa Bella? Share your experiences!